Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"My whole pears"

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      He's not that young, but maybe Warren can entice Joe Joyce?

I figured he was a dead cert to sign with Hearn, but there has been no news on that and it's been months since the Olympics

Buatsi and Okolie could be stars too, although I think Okolie is staying amateur for Tokyo

Oh, I forgot Tyson Fury. If/when he makes a comeback, it'll probably be with Warren
      I forgot Fury too but I have no clue where he is at in his life and if making a come back will be successful. We will see.

As for the other names, I don't see anything particularly special in them. None of those star qualities that made other fighters special attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        "My whole pears"
        He said "apples and pears" which Hearn says a lot in videos when comparing things.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Khan was probably the biggest boxing star in the UK around 2005-2010ish, maybe even up till 2011. He drew millions, upwards of 6 million at times for his fights on ITV and then there was that lucrative GBP deal which also worked with SKy and then for a fight or 2 he was back with ITV...and then he ****ed himself by fighting in the US only and taking big gaps between fights.

He can certainly be a star and a major draw again if BT use him right AND if he fights meaningful fights...which he wins lol

But he won't be THE draw to challenge AJ on Sky. For that, BT/Warren/Boxnation need someone younger with at least a solid 6 to 7 year run in them. It's certainly not Haye, it's certainly not Eubank Jr. Maybe a young, up and coming amateur boxer who can convert to the pros? Or maybe they can unearth a heavy to challenge AJ.
          Calzaghe, setanta sports. way bigger than Con.

Comment

Working...
          X