No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Will Soon Head To Los Angeles, Camp For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs) will head to Los Angeles at the end of February to begin training camp, according to the boxer's manager Jose "Chepo" Reynoso. Canelo will return to action on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo has been doing light training for the last couple of days in Guadalajara.

[Click Here To Read More]
    I'm surprised that Alavrez' team have no idea as to whom the opponent may be. One would think that he must know, and tht he would share it with his team. I don't believe that he fights just whomever the promoter choses. That's his manager's and trainer's job.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      It would be a fan friendly fight no doubt, but in the grand scheme of things

Trout >>>> Angulo
      I don't know if I (or the majority) would be inclined to agree.

As a fan of the sport I want to see Canelo quintessentially tested and although Trout is more than worthy he isn't dangerous to the extent where he would make Canelo dig down deep. Angulo, though technically flawed would put Canelo's heart, skill, and grit on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post

As a fan of the sport I want to see Canelo quintessentially tested and although Trout is more than worthy he isn't dangerous to the extent where he would make Canelo dig down deep. Angulo, though technically flawed would put Canelo's heart, skill, and grit on the line.
        lol man GTFOH Trout has a good chance of beating canelo

angulo would get TKO'd, did you see his last fight? he couldn't hurt and barely beat a WW

Comment

Originally posted by aces725 View Post
          You really are serious with that comment arent you.. Angulo would be a nice tough tuneup .. smh he would destroy him it wouldnt past 6
          Too bad he isn't anxious to prove it, until then we are stuck with the Baldomir's and 86 year old Mosley's of the world. But thank you for your candor anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            I'm surprised that Alavrez' team have no idea as to whom the opponent may be. One would think that he must know, and tht he would share it with his team. I don't believe that he fights just whomever the promoter choses. That's his manager's and trainer's job.
            They probably just don't wanna put it out yet since the Mayweather opponent hasn't been annnounced either.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
              lol man GTFOH Trout has a good chance of beating canelo

angulo would get TKO'd, did you see his last fight? he couldn't hurt and barely beat a WW
              Hey d1ck sniff, nowhere did I say that Trout isn't worthy. My point is that Angulo would bring the fight to Canelo and test him more so than a Kermit Cintron, or a Cotto, or a Baldomir.

Canelo is getting a lot of flack for not being in threatening bouts and Angulo would be the perfect fighter to bring him to the trenches and prove the critics wrong.

And BTW, Canelo first has to agree to fight Trout first something he said recently after the Cotto fight he didn't want to do initially anyway.

Comment

Hey d1ck sniff, nowhere did I say that Trout isn't worthy. My point is that Angulo would bring the fight to Canelo and test him more so than a Kermit Cintron, or a Cotto, or a Baldomir.

Canelo is getting a lot of flack for not being in threatening bouts and Angulo would be the perfect fighter to bring him to the trenches and prove the critics wrong.

And BTW, Canelo first has to agree to fight Trout first something he said recently after the Cotto fight he didn't want to do initially anyway.
                I disagree people will give Canelo more credit if he beats Trout then Angulo

Comment

Everyone knows that Canelo will fight anyone that's put in front of him. Too bad that GBP has this protectionist attitude towards him and he gets the flak instead of GBP.

Comment

Canelo will probably fight Robert Guerrero once Mayweather refuses to give Guerrero $4 million. I honestly doubt Mayweather will fight May 4th

Guerrero fits some of the requirements of a Canelo opponent

Guerrero is a welterweight and isn't a huge puncher

Canelo will beat Guerrero probably by KO and fight Mayweather in sept. of course Canelo will lose a pretty one sided UD but Golden Boy will say he's young and it was a learning experience. Mayweather will probably retire since Canelo is the last easy cash cow left.

honestly I'm not interested in any of it.

Canelo fighting a REAL 154 champion or contender would be interesting. Mayweather fighting Sergio Martinez at 154 would be interesting
                    but I'm just dreaming because none of that will ever happen.

Comment

I just don't see it bro, Angulo probably gets stopped after putting up a good fight early on. Trout, although doesn't pack the same punch as Angulo, could easily win a UD. I'd go as far as to say Canelo is the slight underdog against Trout and a heavy favorite against Angulo.

Comment

Working...
                      X