No announcement yet.

Morales tested positive for Clenbuterol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Depends entirely on the levels in his sample..
    Biggest problem is the fight is in less then 2 days

When these kinda of things have happened before, the fight was cancelled and the fighters then had a chance to prove their innocence

Comment

Originally posted by Doh!
      Morales is clean unlike Berto and Peterson who got caught with PEDS.
      I hate alts

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        I'm pretty sure he knew was he was doing. sad sad day
        Your basing this off of what? What facts led you to conclude his motivations for taking this? Oh wait we don't know yet whether or not he knowingly took it.

Comment

Is it even possible for a commission to allow a fight to go on if they are informed of a dirty test? Like if Danny said "who cares, let's fight"

I feel like i should know the answer but this is Boxing, things are made up as they go along.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            I hate alts
            Lmmfao...!

Comment

Anyone know how long morales been in the US? And how long this stays in system?

Hate to think it but it is there

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                He definitely will have to claim food contamination.

The substance can be (and probably was) used as a PED but, in countries like Mexico and China, tainting meat with Clenbuterol is a real issue. Just a quick search brings back plenty of articles on how it's used to promote muscle growth in the livestock raised by shady farmers.

He could have been knowingly been using a different form as a way to lose weight but who knows now. anyway, I doubt this would be a reason for Garcia to turn down the payday but IDK if NY would allow it to go on?
                aint no way garcia turning down 1 mil.

Comment

clenbuterol is rampant in mexico because they used it on animals, only way to prove it came from meat is if its a miniscule amount....morales will be fine

like someone else stated, 10 players tested positive for it a year ago and when mexico hosted the sub-17 world cup over 100 of them(players from other countries) tested positive for it after eating in mexico..

this more or so will bring more attention (and shame) to the already problem with clenbuterol in Mexico

Comment

Hopeully this gets resolved quickly so te fight can still go on as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
                      Your basing this off of what? What facts led you to conclude his motivations for taking this? Oh wait we don't know yet whether or not he knowingly took it.
                      I've already pointed out that it could very well be food contamination and that would a legit excuse, depending on the levels found in the sample. A prescription for a breathing disorder might be another reason.

What I said there was my opinion. I'm aware of the facts up to this point:

Fact: It can be used as a PED
                      Fact: It's banned
                      Fact: He tested positive

Morales is one of my favorite fighters ever so hearing of a dirty test attached to his name (for now) makes it a bad day for me
                      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-18-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X