Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go down as the greater fighter Juan Manuel Marquez or Tito Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    Oh I see now, you fall for they hype robberies.

Laugh at you going with the grain in every close fight.
    Hype robberies? I have the fight on VHS and watched it live.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Raul Marquez

Vargas did NOT beat Wright. And I'm a Vargas fan.
      I don't care if you think Vargas beat him or not the point was he was already fighting QUALITY fighters before Tito. You made it seem like Vargas was green with his 20 fights. As I said he peaked very early in his career. 20 fights could mean nothing if you're someone like Chavez jr but Vargas' resume was very good 20 fights in and as I said he was a champ for two years.

It was a very solid win for Tito. As it was for Oscar after Tito knocked him out.

Then we look at JMM. Besides his three razor close fights with Pacquiao, what do we have? Juan Diaz? Katsidis? Casamayor? It's not super impressive. Now JMM is the better technically skilled fighter and his longevity is greater, but resume to resume it has to go to Tito, imo.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 04-14-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Easy.

Marquez.

Comment

Moving up and getting robbed against Pac at welterweight kind of erases that. If Trinidad had moved up and beat Hopkins or Wright at 160 then those misses would have been replaced as well.

Instead, he couldn't handle losing so he retired.

getting 3 NON-WINS erases what? the fact that he never fought MAB when he was good, or Morales or Hamed?

what else is there? Diaz? Katsidis? Salido?

meh

you could argue the Rafa has a better resume than Juan

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I don't care if you think Vargas beat him or not the point was he was already fighting QUALITY fighters before Tito. You made it seem like Vargas was green with his 20 fights. As I said he peaked very early in his career. 20 fights could mean nothing if you're someone like Chavez jr but Vargas' resume was very good 20 fights in and as I said he was a champ for two years.

It was a very solid win for Tito. As it was for Oscar after Tito knocked him out.

Then we look at JMM. Besides his three razor close fights with Pacquiao, what do we have? Juan Diaz? Katsidis? Casamayor? It's not super impressive. Now JMM is the better technically skilled fighter and his longevity is greater, but resume to resume it has to go to Tito, imo.
            @ the third pacquiao fight being "razor close"

It wasn't razor close. Marquez waxed his ass and got robbed. If Tito didn't need to cheat against Vargas then it would have been a great win, but the fact that he had to cheat once he was in trouble killed it for me. Same with the Reid fight.

Comment

It wasn't razor close. Marquez waxed his ass and got robbed.
              Ok cool. I thought it was close. It was basically fight #2 without the knockdown.

If Tito didn't need to cheat against Vargas then it would have been a great win, but the fact that he had to cheat once he was in trouble killed it for me. Same with the Reid fight.
              lol @ you're excuses man. All you're doing is discrediting every fight and when people do that it exposes their agenda. You're just bitter Oscar fan, that's all it is. You don't want to give tito any credit cuz of your love for oscar. If oscar wasn't so stupid and ran he would have got the win, but he didn't. Deal with it.

Comment

It wasn't razor close. Marquez waxed his ass and got robbed. If Tito didn't need to cheat against Vargas then it would have been a great win, but the fact that he had to cheat once he was in trouble killed it for me. Same with the Reid fight.

@ cheat with Vargas and Reid

those fockers were gonna get KOd regardless...

Comment

Ok cool. I thought it was close. It was basically fight #2 without the knockdown.

lol @ you're excuses man. All you're doing is discrediting every fight and when people do that it exposes their agenda. You're just bitter Oscar fan, that's all it is. You don't want to give tito any credit cuz of you're love for oscar. If oscar wasn't so stupid and ran he would have got the win, but he didn't. Deal with it.

ohhhhhh...is THAT what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                    What was worse Mayweather's domination of JMM or Hopkins humiliation of Tito?
                    Don't forget Winky's schooling of Tito.

Comment

lol @ you're excuses man. All you're doing is discrediting every fight and when people do that it exposes their agenda. You're just bitter Oscar fan, that's all it is. You don't want to give tito any credit cuz of you're love for oscar. If oscar wasn't so stupid and ran he would have got the win, but he didn't. Deal with it.
                      It wasn't basically the second fight at all, I scored it a draw, with the KD being the difference. The 3rd fight was not a draw and there were no knockdowns, Marquez winning more rounds is what won the fight.

Nothing to do with Delahoya, he has enough problems without bringing Trinidad up . But yeah, if Tito didn't cheat in that fight against a rookie, the win would look a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                      X