Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson On Boxing Today: Manny, Floyd, Klitchko's, UFC (6 mins)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson On Boxing Today: Manny, Floyd, Klitchko's, UFC (6 mins)

I think he's pretty valid on all points.

If Klitchko's Where American everyone would like them. (I like them)

Floyd and Pac need to get it on to cement their legacy in boxing. (I share the
    same opinion i also don't think either of them should go into the hall of fame if they don't fight each other)

The sketchy backdrop that the boxing world is. (as soon as money is part of the equation, anything goes)

UFC and the perception of mma fighting. (I think if boxing started to get creative with how they do things in regards to ufc, it could put boxing back on the map)

What would you change to make boxing better?

I would give incentives in regards to contracts.

I also would give incentives based on overall cards. Best KO, best action fight.

I would have instant video replay who would have the referee miced and have boxing analysts over turn sketchy in ring choices ala stoppages etc.

I think I would Try to make sure there is a definitive finish to a fight, a boxer should always know he can go to one knee unless he is out on his feet.

I would have judges purses and banned for biases and compubox shown for each round of the fight at the end of the match to see if the judging was accurate.

You thoughts?
    Last edited by Dudley; 11-22-2011, 05:19 AM.

Isn't this the video where the interviwer was somewhat intimidated by Mikey when Mikey talk about his past?

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      Isn't this the video where the interviwer was somewhat intimidated by Mikey when Mikey talk about his past?
      lol i'm not sure bro. I was just came across it... lol Now i have to find what your talking about.

What do you think of the questions he answered though? I think lastly i would try to make the most competitive cards out there. No bum fights. give fans what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
        lol i'm not sure bro. I was just came across it... lol Now i have to find what your talking about.

What do you think of the questions he answered though? I think lastly i would try to make the most competitive cards out there. No bum fights. give fans what they want.
        I think his honesty especially on UFC is right on. Give fans what they want. There is a huge market for combat sports.

1st step to better boxing is:

- bring boxing to network TV. this cable **** is not good for boxing. nfl could go ppv and they don't for a reason. this bring revenue back to "average" fighters. there is no $$ for non-elite boxers at all. absolutely pitiful.

- a central sanction organization (**** the alphabet belt or render some useless) Gotta go back to the drawing board.

- **** catchweight.

- Sanction tournament. Final may go PPV.

Tyson knows his boxing...made a lot of stupid decisions in the past but he knows his boxing. They need to sedate this dude in the interview. Someday he will rip an interviewer a new one.......This video was "abbreviated" version.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
          i think this is it

Comment

Interesting interview. Thanks for posting it. Tyson is becoming wiser and I'm just glad for him (though never liked him as a person).

As for Klitschkos, for me their fights are always exciting spectacles - wich is natural because I'm Ukrainian

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
              Interesting interview. Thanks for posting it. Tyson is becoming wiser and I'm just glad for him (though never liked him as a person).

As for Klitschkos, for me their fights are always exciting spectacles - wich is natural because I'm Ukrainian
              yeah man to have brother repping your country is huuuuuge! regardless of what people say. And i do believe if they where in the US they would be accepted as HW's. It`s a human animal thing. some people will always go for guys that look like then culturally some will go for the guy that reps their country. But for sure Klitchko`s are class acts threw and threw!

Comment

Tyson knows his ****. Good video. Props man.

There has to be something done in regards to dodgy scoring. Judges should be held accountable.

Also if they are going to keep most of these boxing fights as PPV events. Something has to be done regarding the entire card. The whole card should be made of exciting fights so the fans actually get there money's worth.

Comment

Mike, get that tattoo lasered off.

Comment

Many people consider Mike an animal and what makes me sick is that they think he's like the guy they saw in the ring during the 90's....he is just a shadow, and a good one, of his former self.

I'd love to hear his voice on commentary....dont reckon i will but i can dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X