Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Budges: I'll Take 35% To Fight Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Parker brings nothing to the table but the WBO belt, yet he's asking for 35% of everything!

Won't have a traveling contingent to the UK, can't really help grow the gate any, can't increase the sponsorships for the live event, etc.

Where's the reasonableness?
    Parker brings to the table one of the rarities in Heavyweight boxing right now - credibility as an opponent.

Besides Wilder and Parker, there really aren't many guys out there who the fans will accept as a decent opponent. Whether people like it or not, he's one of a small handful of fighters that fans actually want to see Joshua fight. That's a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I don't know screaming that he won't settle for less than 50% despite saying "it's not about money I don't care about money". Strikes me as a guy talking about wanting the fight with no follow through.
      Huh. Maybe. Trying to price himself out of it?

I sincerely hope you are wrong. That is the only HW fight worth getting excited over. To paraphrase the words of Trip G "We want big drama show."

And with the fireworks and one punch sleeping pill power Wilder brings and the ever improving tech skills and KO power of Joshua, that would be a biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        Parker brings to the table one of the rarities in Heavyweight boxing right now - credibility as an opponent.

Besides Wilder and Parker, there really aren't many guys out there who the fans will accept as a decent opponent. Whether people like it or not, he's one of a small handful of fighters that fans actually want to see Joshua fight. That's a big deal.
        Wilder, Povetkin, Luis Ortiz, a Klitschko rematch, and even a fight against Vitali Klitschko are all more credible fights than Parker at this point. Heck, if David Haye blows out Bellew in the rematch, he likely becomes a more credible opponent than Parker.

Majority decision against Hughie, majority decision against Ruiz, a unanimous decision against Takam, and maybe the Dimentrenko fight are literally Parker's entire slate of decent opponents.

Context is key here. No need to overvalue the man

Comment

Originally posted by 1mb11 View Post
          ...or Joshua can fight any other heavyweight in the world except for Wilder and pay them 5% or less! Parker is delusional!! I wonder what Parkers biggest purse is 1mil??
          Parkers biggest purse was 2.1 million not including the YouTube ppv money that Huggies gay ass promotion group set up he also got ppv money from Australia and new Zealand they had to pay full price what I looked up he banked 4.5 mill u dirty Brits are nut jockeys Parker will put aj on his ass

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
            Huh. Maybe. Trying to price himself out of it?

I sincerely hope you are wrong. That is the only HW fight worth getting excited over. To paraphrase the words of Trip G "We want big drama show."

And with the fireworks and one punch sleeping pill power Wilder brings and the ever improving tech skills and KO power of Joshua, that would be a biggie.
            I hope so too but seems this bird especially Wilder fans boys don't want it just so they can ***** and complain because they care more for fake "ducking" than actual Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Wilder, Povetkin, Luis Ortiz, a Klitschko rematch, and even a fight against Vitali Klitschko are all more credible fights than Parker at this point. Heck, if David Haye blows out Bellew in the rematch, he likely becomes a more credible opponent than Parker.
              no. beating up a fat cruiserweight who vacated his belt because there are at least 5 guys at 200lbs who would knock him out doesn't make you a credible opponent.

Hell, even a prime David Haye - his best win at heavyweight is Valuev...I don't think that's much better than Takam or Ruiz Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                thought ppl said that joshua was making 20 million a fight or 80 million or somehting of that sort
                AJ was making 20 mil a fight himself. People don't seem to understand the percentage game.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  I don't know screaming that he won't settle for less than 50% despite saying "it's not about money I don't care about money". Strikes me as a guy talking about wanting the fight with no follow through.
                  Exactly, Wilder has done nothing to make this fight happen now. They didn't even approach Hearn about the fight until after Hearn had started negotiations with Parker,then demanded more than Parker wants yet they expect Hearn to fight him instead of a financially more appealing fight with Parker.

It's pretty clear Wilder doesn't want the fight right now, he's just creating a narrative that Joshua is ducking to build his own profile, which actually is smart.

Comment

It doesn't matter, Joshua will fight Parker next. I don't really care who gets paid what. Both of them really want to fight each other next. Joshua does because at least with Parker he can say he's avoiding Wilder to fight the other guy with a belt. Parker is just as desperate because he knows he makes more in a fight with AJ than anyone else. And because he really isn't confident he can hold the belt that long anyway. Better to lose it to AJ for millions that to some guy no one has ever heard of for a couple hundred thousand.

Who knows though, maybe AJ will just pick some bum to fight next and not even acknowledge Wilder or Parker. I just want to see Joshua-Wilder. Every other fight at hw doesn't interest me at all. Who really wants to see Joshua-Parker? Honestly, everyone knows who would win. I get it though, the belt. I guess if/when AJ fights Parker next, whenever he finally agrees to fight Wilder the winner will be to the undisputed champ with all the belts. That'd be kinda cool I guess.

Comment

... "Parker's promoter David Higgins confirming he and Joshua's British backer Eddie Hearn are getting into the "nitty-gritty" of what a clash between the two champions might look like.

Their contact has been more regular and certainly more meaningful over the last few days."

(stuff.co.nz , November 19 2017)

Comment

Working...
                      X