How good was Vinny Pazienza?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    Vinny had veins like ropes for a while.

No matter what you thought of Vinny, if you knew he was fighting on Tv you would tune in to watch.
    I read at one time (don't remember the source) that for a period of time from the mid to late eighties thru the early nineties Tha besides Tyson, Vinny was the biggest live draw on the east coast. Don't know if it's true but I've been to nearly 20 of his fights live and he always brought a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I read at one time (don't remember the source) that for a period of time from the mid to late eighties thru the early nineties Tha besides Tyson, Vinny was the biggest live draw on the east coast. Don't know if it's true but I've been to nearly 20 of his fights live and he always brought a crowd.
      He was here in Dallas once signing autograpghs....at a strip club.

Comment

He was here in Dallas once signing autograpghs....at a strip club.
        He loves the strip clubs! Foxy lady, satin doll, caddilac lounge and fantasies, all in Providence he was a regular at. Always had hot girls hanging all over him. Wicked cool dude though.

Comment

Vinny had veins like ropes for a while.

No matter what you thought of Vinny, if you knew he was fighting on Tv you would tune in to watch.
          Absolutely I'd watch. He was entertaining..

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I just saw "Bleed for This" and was fairly entertained.

Roberto Duran was obviously past his best when Vinny beat him. But surely the Pazmanian Devil must have possessed some talent to be able to overcome Duran's deep bag of veteran boxing tricks. Especially coming off a broken neck.

How good of a fighter was he?
            Great fighter, after killing 15 rd fights >>> 12 rd fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              It’s my opinion ( not proven by any means) that Paz was doped to the max with epo after his accident which helped him against Duran.

Anyways he was a pretty solid fighter. His battles with Greg Haugen (who’s underrated) are classics and is what I remember him for.
              I do agree Paz was doping, but I think it was more likely he was on Testosterone. EPO doesn't really fit his profile. Vinny was always in shape to go rounds. He changed his style after the accident too to more of a boxer than stand your ground brawler type.

Comment

He's a Rhode island legend, people love him around here. But technically he wasn't that great. And he was definitely on peds at times

Comment

Vinny had some skill, but what he lacked in skill he more than made up for with pure heart.......Rockin'

Comment

How did he hurt his neck? Car accident?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      How did he hurt his neck? Car accident?
                      Yes, they thought he would never fight again. I think early on they were not sure if he would even function properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X