No announcement yet.

Should Police be allowed to use Drones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    There is no question the line between the government, military & law enforcement is becoming blurrier, but thats always been a blurry thing if we are being honest.

That said I trust the average military or police guy to not wanna kill me or rob me or whatever more than I trust the average "law abiding guy with a gun" or without a gun wanting to kill me, rob me or whatever.

Freedom is gonna be a word with a changed definition in another 20, 30 years & its already a changing word. Privacy is gonna be a harder thing to attain moving forward. Get used to it.
    Well we will disagree on who we trust. I just look at the track records of government abuse of power versus civilian and the body count, and the attacks on liberty aren't even comparable.

Comment

Your drone gonna be like the Pinto the the government or police lambo drone. Good luck with that.
      my drone will be modified with live artillery

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        my drone will be modified with live artillery
        You think the government drone is gonna have a lil horn on it to beep at other drones or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Well we will disagree on who we trust. I just look at the track records of government abuse of power versus civilian and the body count, and the attacks on liberty aren't even comparable.
          There are millions of violent crimes happening every year in the US I'd imagine. A small percentage of them have anything to do with authority figures in the government, military or police.

And liberty is kinda a bs thing lets be real. You can either be free or have rules. Any rules you make are gonna creep across someones liberty & we've accepted that already so liberty is always a losing battle unless you want true freedom & true freedom is gonna have way more crazy sh^t going on, but it'll be liberty at its finest as you fiend for yourself when the sh^t hits the fan.

Comment

You think the government drone is gonna have a lil horn on it to beep at other drones or something?

yup...pretty much

Comment

I'm kind of reaching my saturation point with surveillance every where. It's bad enough LE has installed cameras on street corners that take a snapshot of your car rolling through a yellow light and you get a ticket in the mail. I have to wonder to what end these drones would be used to generate more revenue for jay-walking, spitting on the sidewalk, littering, or what might be perceived as a petty crime. Once we all have chips installed in our necks it's only a matter of time before the drones scan our chip and you get your $100 fine in the mail for scratching your ass in public.

Comment

Just for grins Israel makes an emp directional pulse cannon.
                special Direction antenna could drop that drone without much collateral damage.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/how-to-fo...ly-accessible/

The things discussed in this post and article are just for intellectual purposes only.

I do not condone or recommend anyone try to build or aquire such a device

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  What do you think?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/l...200500642.html

Los Angeles police will test drones despite privacy concerns
                  Los Angeles police will test drones despite privacy concerns
                  American police have certainly used drones before, but not on this scale. The Los Angeles Police Commission has voted in favor of letting the LAPD fly drones in a year-long pilot program, making it the largest US police department to ever rely on the robotic aircraft. The force will use the drones for aerial searches, recon in tense situations (think: standoffs) and other tasks where officers would otherwise be at risk. The machines could save lives, according to the LAPD, but there were numerous concessions made to address privacy concerns -- and some people still aren't convinced these limits will prevent abuse.

The trial's rules restrict flights to SWAT team members in dangerous situations, such as when there's a heavily armed suspect on the loose. Drones will also be allowed for search and rescue missions. Every flight has to be approved, documented and reviewed, and there's a ban on facial recognition software. The Police Commission will receive and publish quarterly reports to track the drones' performance.

Critics, however, are worried that what the police say they'll do and what they'll actually do are two different things. As we've seen in the past, the LAPD isn't always forthright in its use of technology. Activists and lawyers are concerned that the police will be tempted to use drones for questionable surveillance (such as monitoring neighborhoods or tracking protesters), or that they'll outfit the drones with weapons. The LAPD actually obtained two drones in 2014, but scrapped plans to fly them due to precisely these kinds of public objections -- people aren't necessarily going to warm to the idea just because there are a few guidelines in place.

I might make one of these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeJsaCiGQ0

Comment

There are millions of violent crimes happening every year in the US I'd imagine. A small percentage of them have anything to do with authority figures in the government, military or police.

And liberty is kinda a bs thing lets be real. You can either be free or have rules. Any rules you make are gonna creep across someones liberty & we've accepted that already so liberty is always a losing battle unless you want true freedom & true freedom is gonna have way more crazy sh^t going on, but it'll be liberty at its finest as you fiend for yourself when the sh^t hits the fan.
                    Roughly 1.2 million a year in a country with 330 million people, so it affects a very small percentage of people. Government policies on the other hand affect entire cities, counties or the country. So the impact of government on people's lives, as a whole, is far more significant.

Liberty is far from BS or free from the absence of rules. Liberty is not a synonym for anarchy. Laws are meant to protect rights or at a minimum give you an avenue to at least seek justice should your rights be violated. The basic premise is my rights end where your's begin and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                      The basic premise is my rights end where your's begin and vice versa.
                      If only liberty was as simple as trespassing laws basically from how you are describing it. Things are much more fluid & complicated then that.

And there are plenty of laws on the books that are trespassing into our liberty via drug laws & the selling of sex & numerous other things. There is no real liberty now. We have fake liberty & fake liberty is just becoming a smaller space & will become smaller.

To me liberty is as bs a term in reality as the often used term "god given rights". There are no god given rights. We have the rights we have decided to give ourselves & sometimes that doesn't even matter & those rights are abused or not even given.

Comment

Working...
                      X