No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Jabs The WBC, Tells De La Hoya To Pay $1.1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
    Cotto tells the wbc yes i will pay the stepaside money for ggg but i will pay you later. later never came and cotto changed his mind on the deal. buyers remorse. diva dong move imo.
    Don't try to change the facts. Cotto agree to the 800K and 150K since start of camp and now the wbc try to get 150k more just days before the fight? Get the fok out of here.

Comment

• lmbo! Cotto's a boss! I just wish he would've gave that strap up a long time ago. I don't think he ever intended to fight GGG.

Comment

• "Miguel Cotto dus naht nee tu leezen tu anybahdy an defen no beltz, Miguel Cotto ken bai hees oun beltz!" - Miguel Cotto

Now in all seriousness, man what a ****ing telenovela this sh_t is turning out to be....

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
          Don't try to change the facts. Cotto agree to the 800K and 150K since start of camp and now the wbc try to get 150k more just days before the fight? Get the fok out of here.
          I agree, it sucks for Cotto that the WBC pulls this sh_t on him at the last minute...oh well, surprise, surprise...

fight will still be good with our without the WBC at stake....

Comment

• In other words they need the lawyers to see if they can get away without paying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

In other words they need the lawyers to see if they can get away without paying it.
              Unless theres a contract i dont see what GGG can do.

Belts gone and Cotto isnt wanting it back

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Unless theres a contract i dont see what GGG can do.

Belts gone and Cotto isnt wanting it back
                More than likely there was a contract and it would've preceded the Cotto/Canelo contract. Aside from that, Cotto admitted in public that he was fine paying the $800k step aside fee in addition to another $125k in sanctioning fees. He rejected only the additional $175k.

“(Sulaiman) waited until the last minute to tell me the amount to put pressure on us to pay it,” Cotto said. “Including the $800,000 I had to pay for Golovkin to step aside, I would have paid $125,000. That’s a reasonable number for me."
                http://ring tv.craveonline.com/news/404225-miguel-cotto-responds-to-wbcs-title-stripping-oscar-de-la-hoya

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  Only the three amigos involved, just to show who´s running things inside the ring even if queen Cotto is running them outside. And for the record: my money is (literally) on Cotto, but unlike you I won´t suck his dick.
                  If I had to bet, I would back Canelo, but there is nothing in that fight imho.

Enjoy your elevation party.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    this will be the one time i side with the WBC. i understand that they're trying to gouge cotto for money, and i don't agree with that.

the ends justify the means, howver . cotto is not the middlweight champion of the world. he beat martinez' dead body, and he's holding the championship hostage.

I don't know how you could support those lying corrupt vultures over a fighter like Miguel Cotto.

The only thing I have ever heard Cotto say on the subject is.....

" I am not a middleweight ".

I have to wonder why the WBC sanctioned the Martinez/Cotto fight ?

#WeBeCorrupt

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      stand up dude fighting for the lineal MW championship at 155 lbs
                      No..... he is fighting Canelo, at Canelo-weight.

He obviously doesn't give a flying fat fk about the middleweight title

Comment

Working...
                      X