No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia is underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Garcia is underrated

Title says it all, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan particularly whatsoever. Yea, he swings a bit wide and in an unorthodox manner, and he is a tad slow, but his timing is VERY good as well as his counter punching ability, the KO's of Khan and Morales show this, it's just the fact people are too blind to realize it and see it. That shot he hit Khan with was NOT a "lucky" punch, it was a well timed, perfectly landed left hook, and he hit Morales with the same EXACT punch. Khan has a serious issue with lunging in and leaving himself exposed, Garcia saw this and capitalized.

I mean the kid's amateur record was 117-13, he won almost every amateur fight he ever had, and people make this kid out to be some dumb brawler with no skills, when it's clearly quite the contrary. Mark my words, the only fighter at 140 who beats him guaranteed is JMM, IMO. Yea, you heard right NSB, I'd pick him over Matthysse. Not guaranteed, but I'd pick him to win.

It's pretty crazy that Garcia has gotten literally zero credit, and continues to get no credit. It's because he's not some flashy spectacular looking fighter, but he just keeps winning. People need to realize skill and talent doesn't always mean you have to have flashy speed, RJJ reflexes, or dynamic power. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Garcia, but I see that he's way better then given credit for. Just my two cents, folks.

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    Title says it all, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan particularly whatsoever. Yea, he swings a bit wide and in an unorthodox manner, and he is a tad slow, but his timing is VERY good as well as his counter punching ability, the KO's of Khan and Morales show this, it's just the fact people are too blind to realize it and see it. That shot he hit Khan with was NOT a "lucky" punch, it was a well timed, perfectly landed left hook, and he hit Morales with the same EXACT punch. Khan has a serious issue with lunging in and leaving himself exposed, Garcia saw this and capitalized.

I mean the kid's amateur record was 117-13, he won almost every amateur fight he ever had, and people make this kid out to be some dumb brawler with no skills, when it's clearly quite the contrary. Mark my words, the only fighter at 140 who beats him guaranteed is JMM, IMO. Yea, you heard right NSB, I'd pick him over Matthysse. Not guaranteed, but I'd pick him to win.

It's pretty crazy that Garcia has gotten literally zero credit, and continues to get no credit. It's because he's not some flashy spectacular looking fighter, but he just keeps winning. People need to realize skill and talent doesn't always mean you have to have flashy speed, RJJ reflexes, or dynamic power. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Garcia, but I see that he's way better then given credit for. Just my two cents, folks.
    0 credit? Dude is ranked as the best guy at 140 by just about anyone and the Ricans are jumping on his bandwagon like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      0 credit? Dude is ranked as the best guy at 140 by just about anyone and the Ricans are jumping on his bandwagon like crazy.
      Well obviously he's ranked. You know what I'm referring to, I'm talking about the general consensus of opinion from fans. When he beat Khan it was a fluke. That overall mindset is what I'm talking about Chicano.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Well obviously he's ranked. You know what I'm referring to, I'm talking about the general consensus of opinion from fans. When he beat Khan it was a fluke. That overall mindset is what I'm talking about Chicano.
        He's getting a lot of attention man. Look how many people are sporting that Garcia AV compared to a year or two ago. You would rarely see them.

I thought it was a lucky shot but I do give him credit for beating Khan. He has some power on that hook that's pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          He's getting a lot of attention man. Look how many people are sporting that Garcia AV compared to a year or two ago. You would rarely see them.

I thought it was a lucky shot but I do give him credit for beating Khan. He has some power on that hook that's pretty awesome.
          I see what you're saying, but even still it just seems people don't see his skills. I thought from the gate that Garcia was a bad style match up for Khan given Garcia's ability to time opponents walking in. Which Khan has always had a terrible habit of doing. Really, all I'm trying to say is that IMO Garcia has better overall skills then he is given credit for.

Comment

I agree he doesn't get enough credit - this coming from a Khan fan.

Very good power and excellent timing.

Comment

His ranked as the king of 140. wtf else you guys want? throw his ass a parade or something.

Comment

I agree. He has really won me over in his last two fights all because of his exceptional timing. I don't see anyone having an easy fight against Garcia.

Comment

agreed. haters can **** off. he's earned everything he has.

Comment

Those saying he's "ranked first, stop complaining" is missing the point. He isn't getting enough credit from the fans and pundits, which is really what the TS was saying.

Comment

Working...
                    X