Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 1993, was there a bigger fight than Lewis vs Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

None of this is true. What has been said is that they are biased in their own one sided accounts, especially 16 years after the fact. I have offered proof of a 90/10 split and of Lewis team no longer trusting Bowe and Rock Newman. And while I don't have the evidence anymore I know Ring and KO magazines from that particular window in time support almost everything I have said.

With all due respect Sonny, you want everyone to just accept what you offer while you ignore what has been offered in rebuttal. That doesn't make someone more knowledgeable on the subject, only more stubborn.
    JAB... i aint wanting anyone to accept what i offer nor am i ignoring what anyone else has to offer on the subject.. i put forward the case of how i understood it to be and i also provide links & video to back-up how i have presented how i understand it to be, now if someone else can do the same as myself and put up some links & video to show that how i understand it to be incorrect then i will be the first to change my view and go along with the other persons view which i would feel was correct... you call me stubborn yet i feel that stubborn is the word to use for those who cannot and will not accept the evidence when it is right here in front of them in newspaper articles and video.

Riddock Bowe is perceived by yourself and others to be nothing but a liar in that video... yet what proof do you have of him being a liar?... has he told lies about other events or been proved to lie on other matters? because if you have no evidence to label the guy a liar then you have to accept his word and story of how events unfolded.. Too claim he is punch-drunk is immaterial because Muhammad Ali is punch-drunk yet no one claims him to be a liar when he tells of events in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      that interview is what's known as "Evidence" yet throughout this thread all evidence has been rubbish by yourself, Joseph & Co...

Bowe is a liar, pathetic, punch-drunk etc

Eddie Futch is a liar and would say that etc

That reporter is the worst reporter in the USA etc.

Yet yourself, Joseph & Co have not produced a single shred of evidence to back up your side of the argument.. it is not and never has been a case of proving you wrong, it has been a case of showing you that it unfolded in a different way to how you are expressing it, with all these links as evidence.
      Scott denies being a huge Lennox fan but he has every excuse in the book as to why the fight didn't happen and nothing to back it up, other than Bowe dumped his belt in the bin to avoid Lewis...

Funny how with other fighters their word is acceptable and in any other case Futch has credibility but not here...

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Scott denies being a huge Lennox fan but he has every excuse in the book as to why the fight didn't happen and nothing to back it up, other than Bowe dumped his belt in the bin to avoid Lewis...

Funny how with other fighters their word is acceptable and in any other case Futch has credibility but not here...
        I'll stand by what I said about Lewis. But in full disclosure, I should add that I hated Riddick Bowe, who I thought was a low class a-hole.

If we're looking for objectivity about why a fight wasn't made, then I'd look for quote from others besides the fighter's promoter, manager, trainer, or the boxers themselves. If Seth Abraham or Lou DiBella (who ran HBO boxing then) said that it would have a lot more credibility. Now I'm just waiting next for the inevitable Rock Newman quotes to be used to validate the "truth" behind Bowe/Lewis. Eddie Futch had tremendous credibility when it comes to boxing in general. But he worked for Bowe and made a percentage of his paychecks, so how could he not have been biased?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I'll stand by what I said about Lewis. But in full disclosure, I should add that I hated Riddick Bowe, who I thought was a low class a-hole.

If we're looking for objectivity about why a fight wasn't made, then I'd look for quote from others besides the fighter's promoter, manager, trainer, or the boxers themselves. If Seth Abraham or Lou DiBella (who ran HBO boxing then) said that it would have a lot more credibility. Now I'm just waiting next for the inevitable Rock Newman quotes to be used to validate the "truth" behind Bowe/Lewis. Eddie Futch had tremendous credibility when it comes to boxing in general. But he worked for Bowe and made a percentage of his paychecks, so how could he not have been biased?
          i suggest you go to the other topic in the history section by "IronMike" he has posted up some very interesting info by "Seth Abraham about Lennox Lewis refusing fights with Mike Tyson & Riddick Bowe when huge amounts of money was offered to Lewis.... i noticed you had not posted on that topic so i take it that you have nothing to say on the matter other than agreeing with Abraham.

Comment

i suggest you go to the other topic in the history section by "IronMike" he has posted up some very interesting info by "Seth Abraham about Lennox Lewis refusing fights with Mike Tyson & Riddick Bowe when huge amounts of money was offered to Lewis.... i noticed you had not posted on that topic so i take it that you have nothing to say on the matter other than agreeing with Abraham.
            I don't have the time to read, let alone comment on, everything in this forum. But I will try to locate it this weekend. I don't remember reading it previously.

Comment

Riddock Bowe is perceived by yourself and others to be nothing but a liar in that video... yet what proof do you have of him being a liar?... has he told lies about other events or been proved to lie on other matters? because if you have no evidence to label the guy a liar then you have to accept his word and story of how events unfolded.. Too claim he is punch-drunk is immaterial because Muhammad Ali is punch-drunk yet no one claims him to be a liar when he tells of events in his career.
              This is exactly why I can't accept your opinions on this topic...you twist the truth. For the upteenth time,nobody has called anybody a liar, but have questioned obviously biased comments by a party directly involved.

The majority have overwhelmingly voted they way I figured they would. The majority's opinion is Bowe avoided the fight with Lewis when it would have been at its absolute apex. You can go ahead and think you know more about this than EVERYBODY else my friend, but you don't. Your hate for Lewis clouds your judgment anytime you speak about him.This is obvious to every other educated boxing fan here.

Comment

This is exactly why I can't accept your opinions on this topic...you twist the truth. For the upteenth time,nobody has called anybody a liar, but have questioned obviously biased comments by a party directly involved.

The majority have overwhelmingly voted they way I figured they would. The majority's opinion is Bowe avoided the fight with Lewis when it would have been at its absolute apex. You can go ahead and think you know more about this than EVERYBODY else my friend, but you don't. Your hate for Lewis clouds your judgment anytime you speak about him.This is obvious to every other educated boxing fan here.
                again i disagree with you... i think it is my comments of Lewis which spoils your idolization of him, i have exposed him as an opportunist who avoided all the Top fighters of the 1990s who was "at the top of their game" turning down every big fight that was offered to him with me providing links & video links and you providing absolutely nothing to back-up your side of the argument.. i have also mentioned that your pole is flawed due to "age-factor"..i am not changing your mind and you aint changing mine so we will leave it as it is as we know where we both stand on the subject.

what is very surprising to me is IronMike started a thread a few days ago which only got 6 posts yet 113 views.. yourself, Scott, Joseph and the other members who have posted in this thread in favor of Lennox Lewis have all ignored the thread started by IronMike... not one of you has posted a single reply to the accusations he has posted on that thread and the reason for not posting is quite simple for all to see... it is because you all know it to be true yet want it to drift off into the archives as quick as possible.

Here is the topic:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=458243
                Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 02-06-2011, 02:41 AM.

Comment

JAB.. i think you are exaggerating a little, your pole has 27 votes on it yet the thread has been viewed well over 3000 times which means you got less than a 1% turnout and those who voted did so on the very first day of the pole, yet since members have had time to read both sides of the argument their has not been a single vote cast yet you are claiming victory. well i am sorry my friend but i don't see it that way in fact i look on it as a victory.. you claim that my hate for Lewis clouds my judgement, yet my opinion is that your idolization for Lewis clouds your judgement.. so it works both ways... do we go with the evidence or do we go with the opinion because that is how this topic you started has ended.

The guy who provided the evidence
                  The guy who stated his opinion

Comment

JAB.. i think you are exaggerating a little, your pole has 27 votes on it yet the thread has been viewed well over 3000 times which means you got less than a 1% turnout and those who voted did so on the very first day of the pole, yet since members have had time to read both sides of the argument their has not been a single vote cast yet you are claiming victory. well i am sorry my friend but i don't see it that way in fact i look on it as a victory.. you claim that my hate for Lewis clouds my judgement, yet my opinion is that your idolization for Lewis clouds your judgement.. so it works both ways... do we go with the evidence or do we go with the opinion because that is how this topic you started has ended.

The guy who provided the evidence
                    The guy who stated his opinion

You're right. I provided evidence Bowe low balled Lewis and avoided fighting him in 1993 when it would have been the biggest fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X