No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is not a Good businessman, that goes to George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    So true, that's essentially what a business is, an ongoing enterprise that is profitable.
    And you know what? Lets say you were one of those "paper millionairs" created when that new internet social media app went public (was it post it? snap chat?).... I would love to hear when the first of these "millionairs" can go, put in an order, and cash that stock out for cash. Or to put it another way: There are stipulations to be followed and a certain allowance for when and how many shares can be converted by these "millionaires."

There are also stipulations that say things like "if you, mr millionaire, has an inkling the company is failing? you cannot short the stock and, you can sell ____many shares every year. When Enron, an energy services company crashed and burned there were many paper millionaires who could not cash in a share to buy one of beercules grill cheeses!!...without the butter and all!!! Enron was not profitable it was collusion.

So...yes indeed! when someone has a business, or a trademark name that is worth a fortune it makes a big difference because liquidity is often the cornerstone of wealth...and real tangible assets, and as you say, the ability to sustain providing a product or service, is real wealth.

That is why Rich people own businesses... and not sexy businesses like record companies, or promotional companies, but businesses that have real value, assets worth money and a business name trademarked legally.
    Last edited by billeau2; 03-12-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I got to tell you that the Foreman Grill is great!!!!

Comment

i really wanna try that Lottery Soda man

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
          lol and here I thought he invented that shit lmfao. Mayweather>Foreman.
          I wonder how much of a cut the actual inventor gets - I know Foreman will be creaming it.

I know I'm not - where's my cut? Damn it.

Comment

TIL there coulda been a Hulk Hogan Grill. This is why I love NSB.

Comment

They were masters at marketing and branding..

Foreman has proven smart enough to hang on to his fortune. Time will tell with Floyd

Comment

It's interesting that both guys changed their image in their careers.

Foreman was seen as a mean, nasty, gruff monster in the 70s but then morphed into a friendly jolly grandfather type figure in the 90s

Floyd was a young phenom, somewhat humble, clean cut "pretty boy" Floyd but then morphed into a WWE type villain "money may"

Comment

WTF? Foreman Grill was GIVEN to George Foreman, it was originally suppose to be Hulk Hogan Grill not sure if anybody posted about this yet:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/wwe/2...k-hogan-grill/

Comment

big george net worth = 250 mil
                    may = 340 mil and growing

doesnt matter how/where you get the money.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      So I must say mayweather is smarter than foreman as he has made better business choices in his life that has him almost $100 million dollar richer than forman and accomplished that feat 28 years earlier faster than foreman.
                      You truly are a moron.

If you know anything about either, you'd know that 99 times out of 100, Foreman would be the better businessman, in any given field, than Floyd would. Mayweather made a lot of money through his boxing career - and that's hardly the benchmark of intelligence, nor is it as impressive as it sounds when you realize most of it wasn't directly his doing - but he is complete **** when it comes to anything else. He isn't even on Oscar Dela Hoya's level, business wise.

Comment

Working...
                      X