Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Facing USADA Doping Charges, Two-Year Ban

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what's funny? GBP AND all those people tried to feed us all that bull**** that everything was fine and that the samples were negative. GTFOH... I love Morales but this probably ruined his whole career. When typing out my all time Mexican faves I wont even begin to type out his name. Who knows how long he's been dirty for.

You know what's fked up tho? Morales is facing a 2 year ban while people like Berto and Peterson still fight for titles.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
      ===nah, look at PEDterson and Berto, since VADA automatically inform the commission, the commission was able to stop the fight. This is the fishy thing about USADA and GBP... they did not inform NYSAC right away when they got positive results on Morales. They waited a day before the fight where its impossible to stop the fight.

This is sad thing about Morales, he is my favorite mexican fighter.. He did not take care his $$$ and ended up like this.. argh... Filipinos love him so much and he even have several local commercials in the Philippines.
      Yeah but that is what I am saying, USADA is employed by GBP and under there TOS or whatever they report to GBP not the boxing commision. Only reason VADA reports to the boxing commision is because the head of VADA harriet goodman used to be involved in the boxing world as a doctor and she knows the ins and out. USADA doesnt.

That is why when Morales tested positive on more then one count weeks before the fight the boxing commision did not even know cause USADA doesnt report to the Boxing commisiioon.

there needs to be one commission over seeing all sanctioned pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
        A Mexican viewpoint on a Mexican Cheater......Im glad your not respected in this place.

Hears a clue.

A cheater is a cheater no matter what his ethnic background is....even if it matches yours and even if he can fight in another country.....orale?
        You are correct in stating that a cheater is a cheater; however, I invite you to do some research on the problem Mexico has with Clenbuterol in beef products. This is not the first time Mexican athletes test positive for this substance and it will most definitely not be the last. Also, by definition a PED is suppose to enhance performance. I think we can all agree that Morales' performance on the night of the Garcia rematch he looked anything but enhanced. Fact is, he looked old and slow. Not necessarily the signs of a fighter who has been using PEDs to gain an advantage. Also, from what I've heard, the traces of Clenbuterol in Morales' system were very minor; leading me to believe that this was indeed a byproduct of tainted beef.

And for the people asking why Morales never tested positive before, the answer is simple! It's because this is the first time Morales has ever been tested by a third party (not the athletic commissions, which are a joke).

These are just a few things to think about!

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
          Why did USADA or GBP not stop the fight from happening? Its kinda like the Commission tests where a decision comes after the fight.

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind
          Exactly. Where was all this hoo hah on fight night?

Comment

they dont have to but they always do as fare as i know

Comment

Originally posted by HardAss View Post
              Might as well retire.
              I thought he was anyway? Either way he deserves it. A cheat is a cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto
                Quote:

Originally Posted by IdNod4u2

A Mexican viewpoint on a Mexican Cheater......Im glad your not respected in this place.

Hears a clue.

A cheater is a cheater no matter what his ethnic background is....even if it matches yours and even if he can fight in another country.....orale?

You are correct in stating that a cheater is a cheater; however, I invite you to do some research on the problem Mexico has with Clenbuterol in beef products. This is not the first time Mexican athletes test positive for this substance and it will most definitely not be the last. Also, by definition a PED is suppose to enhance performance. I think we can all agree that Morales' performance on the night of the Garcia rematch he looked anything but enhanced. Fact is, he looked old and slow. Not necessarily the signs of a fighter who has been using PEDs to gain an advantage. Also, from what I've heard, the traces of Clenbuterol in Morales' system were very minor; leading me to believe that this was indeed a byproduct of tainted beef.

And for the people asking why Morales never tested positive before, the answer is simple! It's because this is the first time Morales has ever been tested by a third party (not the athletic commissions, which are a joke).

These are just a few things to think about!
                Why is Morales eating beef when he's supposed to be cutting weight? Stop being so damn naive dude.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  Why is Morales eating beef when he's supposed to be cutting weight? Stop being so damn naive dude.

he tested positive 3 weeks before the fight I believe its safe to eat beef 3 weeks before a fight as long as you are in ball park of weight, the cutting dont happens till the week of the fight. But if you boxed before in sanctioned fight you would know this.

Comment

Coming into the fight out of shape is pretty damn disgraceful as it is.

Comment

i dont think this will affect Morale's legacy at all. People make excuses for him all the time (he was past his prime, he was weightdrained when he got pummeled by Pacquiao) etc etc

fact is if the fans like a fighter, he can do no wrong and this proves it!!!

Imagine if this was Mayweather LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X