Historian Bert Sugar: Floyd won't fight Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian Bert Sugar: Floyd won't fight Pac

Link: http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-la...oyd-s-paranoia

The one fight people truly want to see from Mayweather is a fight against fellow champion Manny Pacquiao but it has twice fallen apart at the negotiating tables. And while there is a lot of smoke and mirrors involved, Sugar feels he can see Floyd’s actions for what they really are.

“He’s never going to fight Manny. I’ve never thought so. Haven’t we had that discussion before? I never thought it would happen. Here he is, a total disconnect from reality. After the fight he said ‘I’ll fight Manny if he agrees to taking the Olympic-style blood testing’. Has he ever noticed that twice he did, in two different negotiations? No, he doesn’t want to fight Pacquiao and he might not want to fight at all.”

i agree with the fellow historian. the fight won't happen, except maybe very late in their careers (late 2013). i think there are multiple reasons, some of them not related to pacquiao specifically. floyd doesn't seem to trust arum, and we know he hasn't fought any arum promoted boxer in years (cotto, margarito, clottey, mike jones). most haters attribute it to ducking, but the common culprit is actually top rank. we probably know why: arum is notoriously hard to work with, that's why we see few co-promoted cards, we saw arum's explosion when showtime announced their card for dec.3rd 'we will retaliate!!!'. that's not how you treat your ex. business partners.

Comment

LOL. im waiting for all the *****s with their twisted arguments. 3....2.....1...

Comment

I predicted this Pac-PBF fight will happen when the going sentiment was that Pac was too small for Floyd in 2007. This was my predictions when I'm still at ESB. But I also have a HInt that Floyd might duck! Here's the Proof!

09-08-2007, 11:08 AM #15
        PacDbest
        Belt holder
        ESB Addict

vCash: 1000 Re: Will Mayweather ever fight Pacquiao?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way that this fight will not push thru is if Floyd ducks Pac.

Comment

From 2008:

02-15-2008, 08:33 PM #19
          PacDbest
          Belt holder
          ESB Addict

vCash: 1000 Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
          Originally Posted by acb
          Wow. I was unaware that those were the only two fighters to move up in weight and dominate.

We really are in the company of greateness!

I just named 2 Great examples. SRL, Hearns & Duran moved up but didn't dominate. PBF moved up & dominate but not against the best coz he's avoiding the best.

Comment

I think the pac fans just shot their wads from hearing this.

Comment

notice they killed barrey bonds with roids but its ok for pac to not take a simple test

its raciest bastards who dont want the test book it take the dam test pac if your the best

funny espn was all over roids in baseball take the test they should be banned sorrry they only said bonds should be baned not mark

espn no mark is cool fake as raciest when they no mark is dirty

notice espn not one word on mark
              bonds hell no ban him hes a cheat

you see the double standard

may
              only ask it to be fare espn oh hell no hes scared hes a punk

espn is a joke raciest bastards

Comment

There's just too many things that they can pick at, it wont happen

Comment

its a simple test but this fool can ask for a catch w thats ok get the hell out of hear

Comment

I hope Sugar is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X