Yuri Foreman clearly took a dive.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah...he's just crippled

Comment

Ronnie Shields top 2 fighters won by uppercuts.

Comment

It's definitely not Malik or Likar level

Comment

Threads like this serve as a nice expose as to which posters are too biased, childish, or otherwise stupid to accept the truth. Lara KO'd his opponent. Get over it and move on.

(waiting for people to attack me, claiming I'm a Lara and Mayweather fan because that's what these clowns always revert to for some reason)

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Thanks for that high quality GIF. The moment of first impact with chin is very apparent there.

Perhaps one could still try to argue that the punch wasn't that strong or that Foreman had enough strength to continue or whatever, but no one can question whether that punch landed clean.
            The punch definitely landed but after it ricochet off Foreman's chest, which leads me to believe Lara didn't land with full force. The punch didn't appear to even snap Foreman's head very much. Seemed like there was a delayed reaction from the punch or it might be the little push Lara gave Foreman (Lara pushed Foreman to separate from him right after the punch) that helped put Foreman down. Then when he was trying to get off the canvas it looked as if his leg was hurt.

Hard to say conclusively if Foreman was really that hurt from the punch, if it was his knee or if he just didn't want to continue. It's very possible that the punch was more devastating than it appeared or that Foreman has a terrible chin. I'm not absolutely sure one way or the other but I'd give Lara the benefit of the doubt because sometimes a punch is much more lethal than it appears to be.

Comment

That punch would not have stunned Amir Khan LOL. He quit no question about it. He probably felt he couldn't do anything to win so why take punishment for several more rounds.

Comment

surprised people are saying this is a legit ko. Foreman deserves an oscar for that performance at 'attempting' to get up. The punch landed, no question about it but that looked like some wwe **** afterwards.

Comment

Yuri is the Malik scott of the lower weights. Dude go koed in seconds by khan, cant take a punch to save his life.

Comment

Originally posted by speed2kill View Post
                    I remember Foreman seriously injured his knee during a fight a couple of years ago. I think it was against Cotto. Might have had an ACL tear. A mobile fighter is never the same after that injury no matter what.
                    I remember that. He tore his knee bad (ACL and Meniscus) and kept fighting. Then after, he said that he kept going because champions don't quit. Championship heart for sure.

Comment

I dont know if he took a dive, but throughout the fight he looked very fragile, as if he was scared to hurt his knees. Still a useless fight and event for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X