Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The man that gave Floyd is toughest fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castillo came closest. Most believe he did it.

But Burton/Augustus was a terrible victim of the sport of boxing. He was rarely given a fair shake.

Comment

Castillo was the toughest fight Floyd had, because he almost lost. It makes me laugh when people point to the Maidana or Mosley fights as being tough, because Floyd got wobbled... and yet he still won between 8 and 10 rounds in each of those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Castillo came closest. Most believe he did it.

But Burton/Augustus was a terrible victim of the sport of boxing. He was rarely given a fair shake.
        I didnt say Augustus was the closest to beat FLoyd. I said he gave Floyd his toughest fight and made him work more ban anybody, and i still believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          Emmanuel Augustus, most underrated fighter ever. They should do a movie with this guy. He was taking fights with 3 days notice and schooled some yound promising guys. Got robbed many times. Had 3 lossed in his last 4 fights before fighting Floyd but managed to make Floyd work like no other guy I've ever seen. IMO landed the most punches on Floyd than any other fighter.

This fight was a classic. Look at 39min50, only guy who has brought Floyd in hell.

To me the interesting thing that Augustus did in this fight :

- Be willing to get countered, you cant avoid it against Floyd, Hatton and Maidana understood it and tried all they could to still land their punches

- Use unconventional boxing and combos. Augustus was doubling the uppercut, tripling the right hand, shifting, going southpaw then switching again, moving his head in all direction, etc... When you're fighting conventional, Floyd will know everything youll do 10 seconds in advance and adjust and counter you. If you get unconventional it will limit his ability to time you.

- When Floyd is on the ropes, don't flurry on him, jab him, jab him as much as you can. Augustus landed a ton of punches by jabbing in the ropes, Cotto succeeded too at a certain point.

- You cant give Floyd the pace of the fight, if you fight at a slow pace, it will be an easy fight for Floyd. You need to speed up the fight by cutting the ring and mauling him. Maidana and Augustus did that well.

To this day I really think that the two guys who understood how to give Floyd a tough fight and had the heart to stick to the gameplan were Augustus and Maidana, props to them.
          Augustus was a legend. The stoppage in his fight vs Floyd was bull****. He had a great chance for victory. Great performance. Sublime slipping and countering by Augustus.

Comment

Floyd always pays respect to Augustus. He had just come off a layoff and this was supposed to be an easy one but Augustus bloodied Floyd's nose up and pushed him. Great fight.

Comment

lol all these floyd fan acting like floyd just beat a prime pacquiao... lol... any1 with 2 good eyes could see that pacquiao was a washed up congressman.... But floyd is older doe

Comment

the Tards don't know him doe.

Comment

Um... he was until about 3 or 4 years ago.

Comment

You guys still beating off to one of the worst prize fights in boxing history. Career low punches for both boxers lol. It was a masterclass doe. :wank:
                    Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 05-05-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                      Emmanuel Augustus, most underrated fighter ever. They should do a movie with this guy. He was taking fights with 3 days notice and schooled some yound promising guys. Got robbed many times. Had 3 lossed in his last 4 fights before fighting Floyd but managed to make Floyd work like no other guy I've ever seen. IMO landed the most punches on Floyd than any other fighter.

This fight was a classic. Look at 39min50, only guy who has brought Floyd in hell.

Good entertaining fight, and he had the right ideas, but the notion that it was his toughest fight is only perpetuated by Floyd!

If Floyd were to talk truthfully then he would say that Castillo was his toughest fight because he arguably lost the first fight and the 2nd was tight! Cotto and Maidana gave him fits too!

1. Castillo
                      2. Cotto
                      3. Maidana

Comment

Working...
                      X