Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Eddie Hearn doing better then Frank Warren in promotions????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Warren leave on his own accord?

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
      He has a better stable I guess. Froch, Degale, Frampton, Quigg, Joshua >> Fury, Chisora, every day. Warren has Eubank and Saunders too who are suppose to be prospects but I think both of them are slightly overrated, former is because his father, and the later... I don't know why the hell...
      But anyway, what is really annoying both in Heran and Warren is they domestic fight mania, because the Brits are dying for these "domestic" fights and these promoters try to sell domestic fight as a positive notion, however it was always the symbol word of "not wordclass level". They advertise and build up just their so beloved domestic fights while they try to sell their fighters as unbeatable guys who would beat everyone in their division. It's pretty ridiculous.
      Oh man I agree so much! But so you know frampton is with cyclone promotions, not Hearn.

I'd say warren is MUCH worse with the domestic stuff. Billy how Saunders is massively overhyped by warren pundits. Eubank he looks like he has something going for him but he hasn't stepped up enough to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
        Oh man I agree so much! But so you know frampton is with cyclone promotions, not Hearn.

I'd say warren is MUCH worse with the domestic stuff. Billy how Saunders is massively overhyped by warren pundits. Eubank he looks like he has something going for him but he hasn't stepped up enough to tell.
        Is he? Oh thanks, then I knew it wrong, I don't know why...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Didn't Warren leave on his own accord?
          I think it was something like a 9/10 share to Hearn with Warren allotted a few slots each season so he thought fuck this and bounced.

He was trying to get some promoters together to host shows on BoxNation too. Matchroom are with Sky and Hennessy with channel 5, so that left Maloney but he's on to other endeavours. I think he's been working with Goodwin promotions though, who have a decent stable of fighters.

Comment

Quite apart from any hatred (and I'll admit Warren does rub me up the wrong way), Hearn and Sky promote their boxing as a modern sport. Even though atmosphere matters enormously, you can't make money out of atmosphere alone, and you can't make money marketing in the same way and to the same people that you might have marketed to in the 1980s. Frank's shows are sponsored by Rainham Steel and are done on a tight budget, and that shows. Buncey's whole 'geezer' persona adds to the sense that we've stepped into a timewarp when we watch a Warren show. Warren also markets to certain areas (Liverpool, Wales), whereas Sky's business model is geared towards the generic 'sport fan' the like of which you see in a ladbrokes advert, and there are simply more of the latter than the former.

The in-ring quality of Warren's shows stands up against the Sky cards, and he gets more of the big overseas fights that go on in the middle of the night, but in terms of promotional style Sky are a decade ahead. In all honesty, Matchroom just having the Sky contract is an extinction event for Warren in the long term, but Hearn's driving the nail in faster by doing well with his good fortune and also in landing the best prospects.

Comment

Working...
            X