No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko tribute thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    You should point out that Vitali is not an old 41. He took 4 years off and since his comeback hasn't fought anyone with a real pulse other than aerrola. So its not like he's ALi, who fought real good competition and didn't take time off.
    I'm surprised you don't know Ali was off for three years.

Comment

Im a fan of his inside and outside the ring, he comes to fight and conducts himself like a gentleman, just a shame his resume is so wafer thin.
      I think he could have competed with most heavies, but the facts in the cold light of day is his resume is pretty weak. The best name on there is the guy who beat him.

I hope he doesnt retire just yet and has 2 more fights and then heads off into politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I'm surprised you don't know Ali was off for three years.
        ALi didn't take time off, he went to jail in opposition of the war. if you have to equate that to Viatli, who actually took 4 years off, then you are truly desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
          Yeah if we saw a list of the top 150 im sure there would be atleast one person on there that we could replace with Corrie Sanders
          But thats not how you do it. You can't just plug in Sanders in the top 150. Even if you did, that still means 1 win over a top 150 HWT, thats still not enough to be HOF worthy. Is it?

Comment

It is strange, and probably an indicator of the era in which he fought that he hasnt a win over a 'top 150' heavyweight. If i had to pick H2H i would back Vitali to beat a very large number of those guys.

Comment

But thats not how you do it. You can't just plug in Sanders in the top 150. Even if you did, that still means 1 win over a top 150 HWT, thats still not enough to be HOF worthy. Is it?
              This is supposed to be a tribute thread, Big Dunn.

Didn't you read the first post?

You've said all that before. Please let there be ONE thread about a Klitschko without you posting your hatred and insecurity.

Comment

I don't know if it should be HOF worthy, but resume wise I'd have little problems arguing that Vitali is above Barry McGuigan who made it in recently.

Wlad is a first-ballot HOF, but that is for another thread.

Comment

You should point out that Vitali is not an old 41. He took 4 years off and since his comeback hasn't fought anyone with a real pulse other than aerrola. So its not like he's ALi, who fought real good competition and didn't take time off.
                  I disagree, he's old now. You can see it with every fight. Doesn't always matter if fights are easy, it still took its toll on Vitali.

Comment

Vitali is a very good chess player, here with world chess champion Vladimir Kramnik

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                      Vitali is a very good chess player, here with world chess champion Vladimir Kramnik

I wonder if he told Kramnik that he'd have to play against Wlad if he lost?

Comment

Working...
                      X