Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd Beats Martinez at 160 will he be the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Armstrong was robbed in his fight with Garcia, should of had the Middleweight title as well.
    Not certain that was for the lineal title though.

Comment

Depends on where you had him before the Martinez fight to be honest with you

Comment

Everyones saying no, so i guess there is no reason to fight sergio. People overrate these oldschool fighters so there is no way for a young guy to past them. you'll have to wait about 30 years to even be considered among the greats.

not saying floyd the GOAT, that **** doesn't exist to me.

Comment

Greatest of all time is a matter of opinion. It is not like a tittle fight that if you win you are the new champ. If you think beating Martinez at 160 would make him the greatest of all time then to you the answer is yes, he becomes the goat. To me a win over Martinez at 160 would not make Mayweather anywhere near the goat. Martinez is a 37 year old fighter on a good win streak. It was not that long ago that he lost to Williams, a guy who said he could still make 147. He fought to a draw with Cintron and yes that was a bad decision. I think Martinez is still a 154 pounder who is good enough to beat some top middleweights. I am not sure he is the best in the world at 160 or 154. I know about where I rate Mayweather and beating Martinez at 160 won't change my opinion of him much. Both Martinez and Mayweather are past prime. The time to earn goat is when a fighter is in his prime and to me Mayweather did not do it and he is not good enough to do it. I think Mayweather is a great fighter but not the goat.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't beat him...
            Floyd wouldn't face him...

Comment

no, but it certainly would help his resume.

Comment

doubt he would fight martinez at 160...but if he did he'd probably lose..martinez too big, southpaw, hits hard, and is equally elusive..

Comment

Another alt making dumb threads.

Comment

Floyd doesn't beat him at 154, let alone 160. I've been saying this even after Sergio's fight with Macklin and Baker. I remember so many *****s were saying Floyd easily outboxes him after those fights. So funny how the tune changes after the JCC jr. fight. LMAO.

Comment

He'd never, ever step to 160. So no need to even acknowledge the question.

Comment

Working...
                      X