No announcement yet.

Buster Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    I never re-watched the Tyson-Douglas fight, so it's been over twenty years since I saw it... but Douglas wasn't that good that night. Tyson basically sat at the end of Douglas' jab all night and never forced Douglas to take a backwards step.

Tyson hardly trained for that fight- that's not real indicative of a guy with mental toughness.
    More like lazy. What is mental toughness? If you look at a recent interview from Douglass he emphasized so many times about how Tyson never stopped coming at him, never stopped trying to win etc. He didn't fold that night, he was just outclassed.

Also, no offense but how can you have a realistic opinion on a fight that you haven't seen in 20 years? Perhaps it's time to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
      It does not matter what the reason for a Tyson loss would have been that night. You would STILL say it's because he lacked mental toughness or heart etc. Because that is what your kind does, you do not have the mental capacity to form your own opinion, you hear all this stuff about Tyson having no heart etc and you just run with it because you have no knowledge on this sport. You just repeat popular phrases like a little parrot.

Anyone with knowledge will see that the reason Tyson lost to Douglass was because of a technical aspect and even his conditioning. No amount of mental game will have you winning if a guy is outjabbing, outlanding and all-around outboxing you. But a parrot wouldn't know that if he keeps hearing things like "Tyson didn't have teh heartz en mentalitiz" right? Get out of my way kid, you're not in my league.
      That's why he was only 2Ib's heavier than when he demolished Spinks?

Tyson stopped doing what he always did he lacked the mental toughness to keep his compusure and started throwing big bombs and not doing what he was best at, which was bobbing and weaving under punches to open them up and unleash hell on them.

Oh, and I respect your modesty.
      Last edited by Barn; 12-11-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X