Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler: Biggest wasted talent in the last decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
    i think its something else though, something i can't figure out i mean most people recognize that kessler cout beat just about everyone from 1680175 and beat them pretty comfortably.

what i can't figure out is even cautious manager like palle would at least want fights like miranda, bika, lacy, johnson guys who kessler could quite easily beat. previous fighters that he has faced such as lucas, mundine, beyer and andrade were of a similar or maybe slightly lower levell than these guys and kess handled them with ease i see no reason why he couldn't do the same thing someone like miranda or bika.

maybe they're brewing the fight with larsen, all i know is his management are holding him back.
    IMO the Miranda fight fell through because of hard ball negotiating that failed. With the benefit of hindsight that was a huge mistake.

Bika is not interesting since he already used to be Kesslers sparring partner and he said that Kessler is in a league of his own.

Lacy has never been available.

Johnson in fact offered to fight Kessler. I think it was at 170 lbs. The catch? It was for a mere 500K.

Regarding Kessler's fall-out with his management there's yet to be scheduled a date in court. To me this means that there's negotiations going on. I think (hope) that Kessler's relationship with Palle ends with fights against Perdomo and then Larsen. The last one of Palle's 3-fight option is to be declared void.

The pessimistic view on why no court date has been made could be that Palle is busy preparing for a courtscheduled liabel against german Sauerland who's TV-company ARD broadcasted the Beyer-Kessler fight in Denmark despite Palle having the danish rights. Maybe Kessler enters next.

Comment

Kesslers a viking, how can he be a puss?

Comment

Originally posted by JmtRyan View Post
        Kesslers a viking, how can he be a puss?
        puss of anyone with hue

Comment

Probably the most over-rated, yeah.

Holds a belt in a poor division, and his only big bout is a loss to calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            IMO the Miranda fight fell through because of hard ball negotiating that failed. With the benefit of hindsight that was a huge mistake.

Bika is not interesting since he already used to be Kesslers sparring partner and he said that Kessler is in a league of his own.

Lacy has never been available.

Johnson in fact offered to fight Kessler. I think it was at 170 lbs. The catch? It was for a mere 500K.

Regarding Kessler's fall-out with his management there's yet to be scheduled a date in court. To me this means that there's negotiations going on. I think (hope) that Kessler's relationship with Palle ends with fights against Perdomo and then Larsen. The last one of Palle's 3-fight option is to be declared void.

The pessimistic view on why no court date has been made could be that Palle is busy preparing for a courtscheduled liabel against german Sauerland who's TV-company ARD broadcasted the Beyer-Kessler fight in Denmark despite Palle having the danish rights. Maybe Kessler enters next.
            cheers for clearing that up for me bat, you're always well informed on kess and news from denmark. you got any idea on when court proceedings start?

kess should have gone for a fight with miranda straight after the win over sartison.

Comment

No, Kessler isn't the biggest waste of talent tis decade. Floyd Mayweather is. He could've done SO MUCH MORE but didn't, thats a waste. Kessler has wasted ALL the momentum he had after the Calzaghe fight, and thats partly due to himself and his troubles with Palle. I saw that BattlingNelson basically laid everything out perfectly, I suggest any further questions about Kessler should refer to that post. Mikkel can get things back in gear and get going again. The break has been frustrating, but in his absence a few guys are starting to settle things up as to who the best contenders are in what can be considered a relatively weak division. But the wonner of Froch/Taylor could be a big fight down the road for Kessler with some young guys like Andre Dirrell, Adonis Stevenson, Andre Ward, and Daniel Jacobs giving some hope for the future of this division. And if Kessler ends up beating the winner of Froch/Taylor within a year and keep his name in the limelight, then a possible fight with Chad Dawson wouldn't be out of the question

Comment

Bernard Hopkins isn't fighting Mikkel Kessler in Denmark and that was the offer. It's BS like that which people will use five years from now to pretend Kessler wanted the fight and Hopkins ducked him. Like Calzaghe with that Showtime/Jones nonsense.

Anyway, Kessler is wasting his prime - more importantly, we don't know how good (or bad) he is. I'm not sure how long this court process will take but it's a little disappointing to see someone a champ with 40-something fights have not one elite win.

Comment

Working...
                X