Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you have higher P4P, Canelo or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Define PFP, record or perceived talent?

It's Alvarez on the former, Golovkin on the latter.

Head to head, Golovkin wins the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      No p4p is not based on RESUME. It's based on dominance in your own weight class and skill displayed in the ring. Resumes do not fight in the ring.
      cmon bro. tell that shlt to jamie.

soooooooooooo......if, say, may were to dominate guys like ortiz 20+ times in a row...there would be no fncking hate and/or shaming people who would put him #1 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

!!!!!!!

resumes tell people who you ACTUALLY fought. anything can happen in hypo fights. saying 3g would kill everyone isnt reason to put him above canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Define PFP, record or perceived talent?

It's Alvarez on the former, Golovkin on the latter.

Head to head, Golovkin wins the fight.
        @ ''perceived'' talent !!!!!

theres no proof 3g beats canelo. theres no proof 3g even beats jacobs. people could have sworn tyson was going to murder buster

3g aint no tyson and jacobs is much better than buster

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
          @ ''perceived'' talent !!!!!

theres no proof 3g beats canelo. theres no proof 3g even beats jacobs. people could have sworn tyson was going to murder buster

3g aint no tyson and jacobs is much better than buster
          Well isn't that what PFP originally meant? I.e. if everyone was the same size, who would win? It's a judgement on perceived talent. The other definition is on resume/record.

I think Golovkin is the more talented fighter. 350 amateur fights won, and I don't think anyone can argue he hasn't brought it over to the pros at 36-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Well isn't that what PFP originally meant? I.e. if everyone was the same size, who would win? It's a judgement on perceived talent. The other definition is on resume/record.

I think Golovkin is the more talented fighter. 350 amateur fights won, and I don't think anyone can argue he hasn't brought it over to the pros.
            i believe it works in ''layers''

1) has to be a champ (best of the div, obviously)

2) quality of reign (since there are so many champs and only 10 spots, the champ with the best names go 1st)

3) then comes the ''what if'' layer. this shouldnt mean too much since, heavyweights could never move around the sport like other divs. what if 3g were to move around, would he still be the best that ever lived ?!?!?!?

imho, the ama fights dont mean jack.
            ''my guy was the best amateur !''
            let that roll around for a while.....

when IF is included in an assessment, its time to start over.

Comment

O prophet, sorry but you've made a stupid thread which contradicts itself.

This is for reasons 'considerthis' and 'boliodogs' have already mentioned.

You've asked two questions with possible different answers in the one question.

Are you talking about who has better resume or who is higher on p4p?

Golovkin and Alvarez should never be compared p4p because they are the same weight and can settle this argument in the ring (unlike Gonzalez and Ward).
              Although, Conela chose to duck Golovkin, which automatically puts him below Golovkin whatever list your talking about. Until such time Alvarez beats Golovkin, we should consider he lost.

There needs to be greater consequences from the fans for fighters blatantly ducking a fight... and it's not only that - but the manner in which he done it.

It makes me cringe with shame at what he did. Lucky he's not Japanese or a seppuku/harakiri would not be out of the question to save face and embarrassment.

Comment

I loled at some,so Canelo fought elite fighters and had competetive fights but won, is worst then GGG who dominated c+ and B level fighters ,thats ridiculous.

Comment

The manner of the victories in which Golovkin has defeated guys who've never been handled the way he has handled them speaks volumes louder than what we've seen in Canelo wins. Also GGG opposition is never the same after he's put his d1ck in their asses.

Now whilst I do like Canelo and I did score the Lara fight a win to the Mexican, it was disputed, but the Cotto fight I felt was a draw. Canelo has the names on his record whilst Golovkin has the track record.

I'd find it hard to argue a case for Canelo having a more impressive resume than GGG personally, names don't mean shyt. If Golovkin had a win over Martinez I wouldn't see it as a crowning achievement as when Cotto beat him it was clearly not even half the Martinez we knew in there, yet no doubt GGG fan boys would be screaming from rooftops even had GGG have had a win over Martinez 13 months after his exceptionally lucky win over Murray !

Both haven't great resumes if truth be told but the win over Lara and Trout are strong ones and I don't see anyone bowling over the opposition in the manner in which GGG is right now, a weight drained 157 Geale whom hadn't fought at that weight in over 8 years don't count for Cotto which is moot point anyway as GGG opponents ain't never the same afterwards, which is why I find it understandable ODLH don't want GGG for Canelo.

Comment

On the issue of a fighter's "talent" v. his "resume"..

I think p4p is a mixture. You imagine who would beat whom if they were the same size (hypothetical "talent"), but you base your hypothetical fight result on the results not on an abstract assessment of talent, but on the fights we've seen -- a fighters "resume"

For example here, Canelo has more of a resume than GGG -- I would rate Cotto, Lara & maybe Trout as wins against better comp than anyone on GGG's current resume. (wont even mention Money, as Canelo lost every minute of that fight).

However, Canelo barely won against Lara & Trout. Based just on those fights, I couldn't say that Canelo was much better than either dude.

Meanwhile, GGG is steamrolling solid, not spectacular top 10 middleweight contenders. So based on talent -- which I assess from actual performances -- I rate GGG #4 p4p, whereas GGG comes in around #10.

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
                      Based on who they've beaten in the past few years, who do you have ranked higher on the P4P List right now?

ESPN and The Ring both have GGG ranked higher while BoxRec has Canelo higher.

Canelo- beat Cotto, Khan, Smith, Kirkland, Angulo, Lara, Trout.

Golovkin- beat Lemieux, Brook, Murray, Geale, Rubio, Macklin, Stevens.

Canelo has arguably fought the better competition, but Golovkin has 17 title defenses and 23 consecutive KOs.

Who should be higher P4P?
                      Wba
                      Regular belt defenses don't count....nice try

Trying to pad that thin resume of accomplishments I see.

He won 1/3 belts in the ring. The rest were board room decisions not fight results

Comment

Working...
                      X