No announcement yet.

Double End Bag Drils?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double End Bag Drils?

Just put up a double end in my home set up. Any suggestions on certain types of drills or is it as simple as just spending 3 or 4 rounds on it?

Also, having a hard time getting it to come straight back making it difficult to practice my slips etc. Is this because I'm not hitting it accurately enough and/or my timing sucks? Ball is a 9" Ringside ball.

Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions

Originally posted by big.daddy.allan View Post
    Just put up a double end in my home set up. Any suggestions on certain types of drills or is it as simple as just spending 3 or 4 rounds on it?

Also, having a hard time getting it to come straight back making it difficult to practice my slips etc. Is this because I'm not hitting it accurately enough and/or my timing sucks? Ball is a 9" Ringside ball.

Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions
    I've used them before, I usually did 3-5 rounds at most. Keep working on your timing and you should get it in order. I would also try one out in the story to make sure it's not defective.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      I've used them before, I usually did 3-5 rounds at most. Keep working on your timing and you should get it in order. I would also try one out in the story to make sure it's not defective.
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by big.daddy.allan View Post
        Thank you!
        No problem, here to help.

Comment

I usually just 'freestyle' with it for about 15 minutes, with good form and responsible defense of coarse. It can be easy to start getting lazy with it, try to work on something always (assuming you have training). There are also different ways of setting it up, it might not be coming back to you because it's too tight. Trainers set them up differently, I prefer it a bit looser to work on slips but some gyms set it up very tight so you have to react quicker with your attack.
          Last edited by _original_; 11-05-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I usually just 'freestyle' with it for about 15 minutes, with good form and responsible defense of coarse. It can be easy to start getting lazy with it, try to work on something always (assuming you have training). There are also different ways of setting it up, it might not be coming back to you because it's too tight. Trainers set them up differently, I prefer it a bit looser to work on slips but some gyms set it up very tight so you have to react quicker with your attack.
            ^^^^ solid advice here.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              So loosen if I want to work on the slips and tighten if I want to work on handspeed...awesome, thank you!

Been boxing for about 5 months now and set this up to help me practice defense at home when I can't get to the club. I'm a "recreation" boxer, started working with a couple of the guys from the competitive team and quickly learned my head movement is terrible lol Thankfully they go easy on me...for now!

Comment

Working...
              X