Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez beat Pavlik while being 167 fight night. Canelo is 175 and...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxi and his research. 6 months from now he will be a boxing encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
      We'll, to be fair Martinez ducked GGG, too. They all did: Martinez, Cotto, Alvarez. What happens when you can't find good fights at your weight class? You move up. GGG should move up to 168. I doubt he will, though. Gonna try to chase that Canelo fight for a while, but gonna keep fighting obscure 15-0 level prospects, too. I'm not too keen on GGG, given his resume is not that good. Not his fault, since middleweight has not been a deep division for a while. Also, HBO is creating a beast by putting him in with pretty poor opposition.
      Martinez was injury ridden and at the end of his career. Cotto had no business in MW, you saw how Canelo absolutely dwarfed him in the ring. At least they had reasons for ducking GGG.

Alvarez, on the other hand, is young, prime, the same size if not bigger than GGG. What's his excuse for ducking him?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        and he can't even face a MW because "his body is not ready for 160 yet". He's trying to weaken people into 155.

Sergio fought Pavlik who was 180 fight night. Chavez jr was also 180 fight night. His fight night weight was 165-168 for his MW fights. That's what most JMW weigh.

Canelo is so overrated.
        Lol i like Martinez, always have & always will. I will also not be dumb and say Martinez ducked GGG bcuz thats not true but i bet u would hate ggg if he were the 1 to send a cripple Marinez into retirement and not Cotto. For that i think u are a bandwagon fan. The second ggg loses u will look for the next guy going on boxrec to find useless facts.

Comment

Sergio was a great fighter, small for MW but he still fought the best, just never fought GGG and i am not even angry at him for that.

He should have retired instead of taking that money fight against Cotto at almost 40 years after his many injuries, that was hard to watch with his kneebraces in the ring, he couldnt even move around.

Canelo is a protected, decent fighter who doesnt himself believe he would beat GGG. He just needs to realize that, even if he loses, the world doesn't end, he could earn more with a well fought battle and a loss than ducking GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            and he can't even face a MW because "his body is not ready for 160 yet". He's trying to weaken people into 155.

Sergio fought Pavlik who was 180 fight night. Chavez jr was also 180 fight night. His fight night weight was 165-168 for his MW fights. That's what most JMW weigh.

Canelo is so overrated.
            Yet Golovkin is supposedly some monster yet is utterly fearful of the idea of even going up 5 pounds for Andre Ward? lol

Alvarez is 26 years old and feels physically comfortable fighting at 155; if you want him to fight at a different weight, tough titty. Wait another 12-16 months and he'll be fighting at 160

Comment

Serg was a good champ, but much like canelo, he ran away from a ggg fight

Comment

Sergio ducked GGG. How do you reconcile that in your feeble mind?

Comment

Working...
                X