Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER vs. MARTINEZ vs. ALVAREZ: Let's Discuss Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Sergio is a JMW, then why did he mention Cotto at a catchweight?

That would indicate to me that Sergio has doubts about making 154 comfortably.

"My personal preference, I would like to fight with Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico. It would be a good fight if we reach an agreement on the weight limit," Martinez told BoxingScene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

"My personal preference, I would like to fight with Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico. It would be a good fight if we reach an agreement on the weight limit," Martinez told BoxingScene.com
      Easy

He didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

The trolls dont know the difference between weight classes and weight "limit". He didnt say we need to agree on a weight class. He wouldve just said its at 154 or 160.

Martinez needs a CW. He cant make 154 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          The trolls dont know the difference between weight classes and weight "limit". He didnt say we need to agree on a weight class. He wouldve just said its at 154 or 160.

People don't understand sizes, period!!

One guy is 150 pounds in the ring. The other guy is 170 pounds in the ring.
          How many weight classes apart are they in reality?

I'm shocked that confuses people who call themselves boxing fans.

#arithmetic

Comment

when floyd fought oscar and cotto there was incentive for him to fight in a weight class that wasn't his. he didn't even weigh 154 during the fights, so we know that's not his weigh class

with fighting martinez there really is no incentive, because if he beats him people will say he beat a weight drained 37 year old who hasn't fought in the weight class for years

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post

this guy is creating definitions now

As far as i know, each weight class has a weight "limit"

160 and 154 are weight "limits''

Comment

YOU'S ARE HATERS

Floyd is in his 5th weight class! Sergio should be going up to Cruiser if he's so Good! Andre Ward? hahaha When he wins the Heavyweight title and matchs Floyds weight jumps i'll consider him!

Seriously you's like too write off Floyd yet i don't ever see why did Ray Leonard duck everyone by retiring? He did it for longer and had less fights than Floyd

Leonard went to Super Middle Hes 5"10 and had less reach! you's guy fall in love with fighters its ****ing stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Floyd is at 154, martinez is at 160

Thats 1 division

Ward is at 168, Martinez is at 160

Thats 1 division

Easy

He didn't
                  He's talking about agreeing on the weight limit. Does that sound like someone ready to come all the way down to 154?

Comment

this guy is creating definitions now

As far as i know, each weight class has a weight "limit"

160 and 154 are weight "limits''
                    Martinez needs a catch weight. He needs a weight limit that him and Cotto have to agree on.

Stop playing dumb.

Isnt all the action at 154? Why hasnt he been back to 154? Dont tell me it was for Daren Barker and Macklin? Really?

Comment

How much did Floyd weigh in his last fight?

How much did Adrien Broner weigh in his last fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X