Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latinos, how many of you actually box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latinos, how many of you actually box?

I was wondering how many forums members of the Hispanic Lounge actually box? Train at local boxing gym, are amatuer boxers or professional boxers, are retired boxers, or are trainers,....

I trained for almost a year at a local boxing gym called Decatur Boxing Gym in ATL. Mainly, for fun and fitness because I started training last year at 24 years old and thought that I was too old to start boxing as an amatuer and professional boxer. The reason I stopped training was because I lost my job and didn't have any money to pay for the monthly fees. I kinda miss boxing and want to train again.

My gym consisted of mostly whites, several blacks and a few Hispanics, mostly Mexican. My trainer's name was Xavier Biggs. He's a good trainer. He trains several professional boxers and amatuer boxers. He's currently working with Hector Camacho Jr.

One of the best things about Decatur Boxing Club is that it's a "boxing only" boxing gym no kickboxing or mix martial arts, just boxing. It has an old school boxing gym feel to it. It's also filled with fight posters but the only thing I never liked was that it was a small gym. It only has one boxing ring.

www.decaturboxing.com

I'll be the next Latino champion of the world. I'll surpass what JCC had accomplished during his entire professional boxing career.

Comment

i do!

Comment

What the hell? Only two guys box? Come on now, I know that ain't true. I can think of at least three posters. Two Boricuas y un Pocho, but unfortunately, I can't remember their screen names but if I see their avis and signature I'll recognize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegan101 View Post
          I'll be the next Latino champion of the world. I'll surpass what JCC had accomplished during his entire professional boxing career.
          What division are you in homie? What's your amatuer record if you don't mind sharing? Do you have a nickname?

Comment

Originally posted by $iCaRiO Sr View Post
            i do!
            I'ma sound like a hater but I would never guessed that you box. What's your amatuer record? Are you planning to become pro and replace Cotto? No disrespect.

Comment

I know Cuauhtemoc1496 is a trainer, come on in here homie and share your story.

Comment

I started boxing at a boxing gym when i was younger like 15. I sparred alot but i was never an amateur fighter or anything. I just loved to box. i had to stop going to the gym to get a job and it ended there. I was bantamweight.

Comment

Originally posted by GentlemanBoxer View Post
                  What division are you in homie? What's your amatuer record if you don't mind sharing? Do you have a nickname?
                  I fight in the lightweight division with 21 - 2 record.

Comment

Originally posted by GentlemanBoxer View Post
                    I know Cuauhtemoc1496 is a trainer, come on in here homie and share your story.
                    Former amateur, current assistant to a really good trainer. As a matter of fact, will be cornering a fight in Miami this weekend on Friday. One of our fighters is boxing a silver medalist from Cuba this weekend.

I had almost 60 amateur fights, am older now but still train and spar every saturday if I can with a lot of the boxers and some mma pro's.

Starting to get my ass kicked more and more unfortunately though, age is catching up to me. The 30's aren't as kind as your 20's......**** happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X