No announcement yet.

International Boxing Hall of fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Boxing Hall of fame

(I mean the Canastota hall of fame) To be honest makes no sense i see alot fighters makeing it in on there fan base and not what they done or there ability, great fighters such as the fighters below all should have there plaque on the wall. No disrespect but Barry McGuigan and jesse willard are two fighters who come to mind when i think about the fighters below not being in the ibhf but they are, it makes me question the whole thing.

Sumbu Kalambay who was middleweight champion tuck the unbeaten record of mike mccallum, beat former 3 weight world champion iran barkley, herol graham and former 2 weight world champion steve collins.

Ceferino Garcia Was the middleweight champion who beat great fighters such as lloyd marshall, former middleweight champion fred apostoli and cleto locatelli. Back in 2004 the ring magazine even done a article asking why garcia had not been put in the ibhf.

Prince Naseem Hamed Was the number 1 featherweight for 6 years beat former world champion's kevin kelly, manuel medina, tom johnson, steve robinson, paul ingle, 3 weight world champion wilfredo varquez, wayne mcCullough, cesar soto, vuyani bungu. Thats 9 world champions naseem beat in his 6 year reign as chamion.

Julian Jackson Was a 2 weight world champion holds wins over former world champion and ibhf terry norris, former world champion john mugabi, former world champion buster drayton and herol graham.
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 04-29-2009, 03:10 PM.

bennie brisco and bobby czyz should be there

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
      bennie brisco is in it lol

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
        lol he isnt

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post

Bennie brisco is not in the ibhf

Comment

One Day these may be inducted but up to now none have been, I feel all these fighters are worthy to be inducted to the International Hall Of Fame

.Sumbu Kalambay
            .Jimmy Young
            .Ceferino Garcia
            .Julian Jackson
            .Sung-Kil Moon
            .Elmer Ray
            .Jung Koo Chang
            .Chong-Pal Park
            .Naseem Hamed
            .Michael Nunn(One day if he is ever released from prison, and they look past his drug and prison past etc, soley for his Boxing accomplishments he should be in the HOF)

Now there are many more who are probaly worthy of place in the HOF. I feel these fighters are should be in the HOF, or at least considered.......

(Here are some of the names that nearly made my list to go to the HOF, or popped into my head)
            .Bennie Briscoe
            .Earnie Shavers
            .Nigel Benn(May be in the HOF, but the circumstances of his best win against Gerald McClellan, may stop him from getting in, due to his rough house tactis in the fight)
            .Rex Layne

Lots more were on my maybe list or popped into my head , but just to name a few.

There are also a good few Asian fighters around who have a case to be in the HOF. But due to them fighting at low weights, and not being known in the USA, hurts there leagcy....

Comment

Jackson and Garcia are both in the WBHOF, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                Jackson and Garcia are both in the WBHOF, though.
                Indeed they are, but I assume the thread starter is talking about (Canastota) Hall Of Fame, were both fighters haven't been inducted yet.......

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                  Indeed they are, but I assume the thread starter is talking about (Canastota) Hall Of Fame, were both fighters haven't been inducted yet.......
                  yes i mean the canastota hall of fame

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post

If it seems as if Im picking on you.....Im not. But what has Czyz done to warrant HOF status?

Comment

Working...
                    X