Anderson Silva vs Bones Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Silva vs Bones Jones

Who you got?

If Jones gets him down I see it going bad for Silva.

The kid is too raw right now. Silva would destroy him.

Comment

I really like Bones, but I don't think he's ready for Silva.

Comment

I got Jones. Lesser fighters have dominated Silva on the ground... Jones would man-handle Silva on the ground.

but this fight isn't gonna happen until at least 2012.

Comment

Yea, can't see Anderson destroying Jones and besides I think Silva's debut at LHW flattered him, Dana knew he was going to have an easy nights work with Forrest.

I think Jones at present could hang with a Lyoto or Shogun, I'm not saying he would beat them but he wouldn't be out of place in the cage with them. IMO he beats Rampage, Rashad, Forrest, Thiago Silva out of the current crop.

His potential is scary, with his freakish physique it makes it hard to defend a takedown attempt. If Rogerio gets past Griffin then I think that would be a good fight to make for later this year.

Jones Vs Lil Nog & the winner getting a shot at the title.

Comment

He's not ready yet...

Comment

In a few years Jones could take it... As for now, the kid is too raw.

As dynamic as his stand-up game is, he leaves way too many openings to be countered. He's able to get away with it because most guys in MMA have no ability in countering.

Anderson would make him pay every time

Comment

Jones is definitely not ready. I also think he'd fight a more cautious game and Silva would be all over that fighting his fight.

GSP was dominating when he first came to the UFC and his first fight with Hughes he admitted how didn't perform as well as he could have and look at him now. I don't care what any of the fighters say to build self confidence, fighting the champ is some serious stress unless you're and arrogant Frank Mir. Jones can be championship material but not yet.

Connecting topic... Does anyone else here think Vera performance in LHW is lacking?

Comment

he's not quite ready for the best of the best

he's only 22, he's not going anywhere.

let him grow, dont rush him and you have a potential legend in the making

Comment

Originally posted by i3raintwo View Post
                    Connecting topic... Does anyone else here think Vera performance in LHW is lacking?
                    I don't think its lacking, I think the competition at LHW is just better. There is just way more skill in that division than HW. I think the true Vera is being seen right now. He just looked really good against less skilled fighters... and yes, that includes Mir.

Comment

Working...
                    X