Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LUBIN will be a top 5 p4p fighter in the next 2-3 years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    The Angle it Came From makes it a bit Freakish to me. No way Lubin expected a punch to land when him being that low but props to Jermell he turned that punch and caught him

Kinda Ironic because Lennox Lewis got Dropped and struggled to get up the same way vs Oliver McCall his first defeat so if people think the kid can't bounce back from a big shot like that they're sadly mistaking
    Or like Danny Jacobs and Badou Jack overcoming their KO L's early in their career. And they lost to fellow prospects/contenders. At least Lubin lost to a champion who may be the best in his division. BUT he needs to re-adjust his attitude and learn to keep his guard up better, which I thought was his biggest flaw besides his ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
      Or like Danny Jacobs and Badou Jack overcoming their KO L's early in their career. And they lost to fellow prospects/contenders. At least Lubin lost to a champion who may be the best in his division. BUT he needs to re-adjust his attitude and learn to keep his guard up better, which I thought was his biggest flaw besides his ego.
      Very True!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        He may be one day but not now. You don’t throw a prospect into a world championship fight for that reason.
        Another thing is he needs to be discipline in between fights with his weight, he looked significantly smaller than Charlo in there. If he keeps his weight in check he can compete at 147 instead of 154. Those guys at 154 look really big for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Another thing is he needs to be discipline in between fights with his weight, he looked significantly smaller than Charlo in there. If he keeps his weight in check he can compete at 147 instead of 154. Those guys at 154 look really big for him.
          I really felt bad for Trout cuz Hurd is massive and has a granite chin with an insane stamina level. I wonder if Charlo has the power to crack Hurd's chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
            I really felt bad for Trout cuz Hurd is massive and has a granite chin with an insane stamina level. I wonder if Charlo has the power to crack Hurd's chin.
            Exactly, just look at their broad backs (Charlo, Hurd, Andrade) etc

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              Lubin wasn't an elite fighter. Imo he got moved too fast. Those exciting kos against that kind of opposition didn't prepare him for a fight with Charlo. I blame his management. He reminds of of JunaMa Lopez a bit. But he is a fighter and he is young and has a lot of time to learn his craft, but the boogeyman syndrome is gone and he's going to have to prove his doubters wrong. I am a doubter, but I welcome guys who can make it back. Wlad K is an example of this.
              Not elite yet but may very well end up being when it's all said and done.

How can you become a doubter? He has one loss, a KO from a perfect storm uppercut, really anyone but a guy like Margarito goes down from a shot like that. It's not like he quit on his stool or got battered over rounds.

Too fickle. I have no doubt he will bounce back like Wlad, Manny, Maidana did.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Not elite yet but may very well end up being when it's all said and done.

How can you become a doubter? He has one loss, a KO from a perfect storm uppercut, really anyone but a guy like Margarito goes down from a shot like that. It's not like he quit on his stool or got battered over rounds.

Too fickle. I have no doubt he will bounce back like Wlad, Manny, Maidana did.
                I hope so because it isn't guaranteed to be successful in this sport after being caught like that.

Comment

He will bounce back as a journeyman and become a gatekeeper.

Comment

The only post that makes sense is the one above mine.

Comment

Before the fight I posted that I liked Lubin but felt fighting Charlo was too much too fast and that he might get concussed by Charlo. That is what happened.

That said, Lubin did what everyone asks fighters do. Then when he loses it somehow means he is on the scrapheap. I disagree.

Haymon also gets criticized for making easy fights for his guys. When he makes a tough fight, he gets criticized. Make up your minds fellas.

Lubin fought the best guy in the division and got destroyed. Ok. So he is still 22 years old and has his whole career ahead of him. He can easily regain his momentum and come back.

He can also rematch Charlo in a few years after he gets more experience.

Lesson learned.

Comment

Working...
                      X