Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think kell brook sees in beating GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think kell brook sees in beating GGG?

I am struggling to find out what Kell brook sees in beating triple GGG.
    I would understand if he was a fast,elusive fighter but he isnt.
    Maybe its just for the pay day lol.

It's a great opportunity with nothing to lose and good money.

Yeah Brook can lose the fight, he won't lose any credibility though, he's expected to lose. He has everything to gain. The question really should be what does GGG have to gain by beating Brook apart from money? nothing really.

I'm a fan of both and think the size difference isn't quite as big as some think but it does exist, Kell should be a 154 fighter but he can make 147, no way GGG could, so there IS a size difference.

So yeah, as it stands Kell is going up 2 weight classes no matter how naturally big he is. He's used to fighting 147 fighters. So he really is in a no lose situation in this fight in terms of his career and credibility.

Comment

He's getting $5m guaranteed payday

who wins this fantasy fight: Liam Smith vs Kell Brook @154

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
        I am struggling to find out what Kell brook sees in beating triple GGG.
        I would understand if he was a fast,elusive fighter but he isnt.
        Maybe its just for the pay day lol.
        First of all Kell is fast. It's deceptive because he changes punch speed all the time but don't doubt that he is fast. He counters with the best of them. Above average defense.

I think he expects to stay a step ahead of GGG and walk him into counters while taming him with the jab. Basically what Frampton did to LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          It's a great opportunity with nothing to lose and good money.

Yeah Brook can lose the fight, he won't lose any credibility though, he's expected to lose. He has everything to gain. The question really should be what does GGG have to gain by beating Brook apart from money? nothing really.

I'm a fan of both and think the size difference isn't quite as big as some think but it does exist, Kell should be a 154 fighter but he can make 147, no way GGG could, so there IS a size difference.

So yeah, as it stands Kell is going up 2 weight classes no matter how naturally big he is. He's used to fighting 147 fighters. So he really is in a no lose situation in this fight in terms of his career and credibility.
          What does GGG gain? Massive popularity in UK. He can pay big money to Saunders for the belt after he is out to the UK fans. The PPV on that is gonna be massive and they can fill out much much bigger stadiums.

Much better than fighting another wade because Eubank ran away right?

Comment

is a world class fighter who wants to test himself against the best. Fair play for brook stepping up in weight, and fair play to golovkin for going to fight him in the UK. Both taking risks.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
              What does GGG gain? Massive popularity in UK. He can pay big money to Saunders for the belt after he is out to the UK fans. The PPV on that is gonna be massive and they can fill out much much bigger stadiums.

Much better than fighting another wade because Eubank ran away right?
              Absolutely. I was talking from a boxing perspective. We all know both guys are getting paid well and it will be a huge event. I understand why both guys took the fight. I just mean GGG has little to gain from a boxing perspective for beating Brook because his win will always be discredited by a lot of people because of the jump up in weight.

I personally don't think it's as bad a fight as people think. That said, i hope GGG jumps up 2 divisions to fight someone like Ward of Kovalev. I'm a fan of his but if he has no problem bringing a guy up 2 weight classes, then he should have no problem being on the other side and doing it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
                is a world class fighter who wants to test himself against the best. Fair play for brook stepping up in weight, and fair play to golovkin for going to fight him in the UK. Both taking risks.
                Too bad Gigi doesn't have those same qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Too bad Gigi doesn't have those same qualities.
                  yeah he does, is testing himself against a young hungry unbeaten fighter and is stepping into the lions den in order to do so. Both fighters deserve the utmost credit for getting this show on, a show that sold out in 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                    He's getting $5m guaranteed payday

who wins this fantasy fight: Liam Smith vs Kell Brook @154
                    Warren actually made Hearn an offer for that fight, unfortunately is was for less money than Brook normally makes. I picked Brook to beat Smith back then and still would.

If he looks ok vs Golovkin, I'd like to see Brook fight the winner of Jermall Charlo/J-Rock for the IBF 154 title. Brook vs J-Rock would be a very interesting fight I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X