• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG has no defence!

Attack is the best form of defence.

- 0 Knockdowns
    - 0 Losses
    - Never been hurt

Not bad for a guy with "no defense?" Some guys believe you need to dance around, potshot & shoulder roll your way to a decision to have a good defense.

Golovkins defense is his offense.

Goodnight sweet ginger, you will always be king of the 155 and 164.5 divisions.

Mayweather doesn't dance around. He's just incredibly elusive. And, yes, Golovkin has a beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbt View Post

- 0 Knockdowns
      - 0 Losses
      - Never been hurt

Not bad for a guy with "no defense?" Some guys believe you need to dance around, potshot & shoulder roll your way to a decision to have a good defense.

He does, in fact, move he's head quite well. But it's lost on the fanboys who think getting hit by Kell Brook with a few punches makes you a face first slugger.

Comment

I know what you're trying to say, but it's just not true. He's tremendous at blocking punches or at least partial punches with his gloves, he has a decent shoulder roll and excellent counter punching, especially counter jabbing. He's not flashy, but he rarely gets hit clean, and when he does, his chin saves him.

Comment

People actually think golovkin has some granite chin. Not to be misunderstood, he has a good chin but people dont seem to notice the fuker rarely gets hit on the button or with big shots, he smothers the punches or is protecting his chin.

And TS golovkin has been hurt before.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            People actually think golovkin has some granite chin. Not to be misunderstood, he has a good chin but people dont seem to notice the fuker rarely gets hit on the button or with big shots, he smothers the punches or is protecting his chin.

I agree, though I don't know which fight you're referring to him getting hurt is. I've never seen it, or seen him in trouble. Getting tagged by Kel Brook isn't the same as being hurt or in trouble.

Spence got tagged by Kel Brook way more than GGG, yet he isn't classed as exposed like some people claim.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              I know what you're trying to say, but it's just not true. He's tremendous at blocking punches or at least partial punches with his gloves, he has a decent shoulder roll and excellent counter punching, especially counter jabbing. He's not flashy, but he rarely gets hit clean, and when he does, his chin saves him.
              I do believe his attack is his main asset of his defence, along with everything else you mentioned. He lands the most jabs out of any boxer today (according to CompuBox) which keeps the opposition backing up and unable to unload. When opponents finally let their hands go, its with reluctance due to thinking more about not getting hit. Opponents end up just trying to survive or fighting fire with fire.

Kel Brook managed to dampen the fire for just 2 rounds before realizing he can't do it for 12 rounds. Personally I can see the Canelo fight going similar to Kel Brook or at worst, the Martin Murray fight.

Comment

GGG has an underrated defensive. Although not as defensively sound as Canelo, He's able to parry and block punches(Jacobs fight), and after he lands his jab, he immediately pivots back to his original position.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbt View Post

- 0 Knockdowns
                  - 0 Losses
                  - Never been hurt

Clean face after every fight. Eyes never shut. No broken nose, bloody nose, black eye. No defense though.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

This. Most of the time when he's gotten hit clean was when he dropped his hands and told the opponent to hit him. Monroe jr and wade.

Comment

Working...
                    X