Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TS I have to agree that this fight is one heck of a performance for floyd ....

he made JMM be the aggressor even with all the size, speed and power advantages he had, he put him in a uncomfortable position...

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      How can you really say the bold with the way Cotto pushed PBF around? Can he fight at 154 yes easily compete with the bigger 154 fighters hell no. PBF is not that big to stay at 154 and finish off his career fighting there.
      Cotto is a strong guy, Floyd put it on de la Hoya and backed him off at times with well placed shots, and he fought as high as 160.

He can easily compete, it's just that in that fight Cotto proved he's a mini tank, that's all.

Comment

The only reason Floyd didnt KO him is because Floyd respected him. He couldve Gatti'd his ass.

Lets not give him any ideas he gets his ass beat if he fights Berto or Ortiz. He could beat Bradley but Im not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          There are welters he can beat but Ortiz or even Berto would probably be to much physically for him. He could beat Malinaggi or Zavek and Bradley and Alexander yeah he could beat. I dont think he beats Matthysse at this stage though.

I'm with you, I don't see Marquez competing with many welterweights not named Pacman. Marquez just knows him, can read him like a book. Eveyone else overwhelms him with size & strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            The only reason Floyd didnt KO him is because Floyd respected him. He couldve Gatti'd his ass.

Lets not give him any ideas he gets his ass beat if he fights Berto or Ortiz. He could beat Bradley but Im not sure.
            This.

Floyd showed serious respect for JMM and recognized he was fighting a much smaller guy and played nice. Think Roy Jones vs Tito exhibition match.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
              But can he hang because he's a WW or because he's just that good? You really think Marquez could take bombs from a guy like Ortiz? Look at the trouble Katsidis caused, just from his power alone. Look at the trouble Juan Díaz caused with his early aggression... There is now way JMM should be fighting full fledged WW. Think about it, full fledged WW can be massive, think Tito, Hearns, Margarito etc. You think JMM should be toying in those waters?

I'm a HUGE JMM fan, and I believe he's at his twilight, sadly, overachieving in weight classes he's just not physically primed for.
              He can hang because he's an ATG and none of the top 10 WW's are all that great[Mayweather, Pacquiao* excluded]. Some are good but nothing special. Size isn't really a big deal unless we're talking about 30-40lbs advantage. Marquez was coming in as a WW in his 130 fights.

I mean why else would you hang? Being a big or good sized fighter for a weight class does not matter. Did it matter for 170lbs Clottey against Pacquiao? Did it matter for 164lbs Ortiz against a 151lbs Mayweather? Being big is not all that. A small but great skilled fighter can beat the bigger man. So yeah, Marquez is that good+WW division is not that great right now.

Comment

rewatched it as well and thought the same, he did not want to be in there

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzz
                  Last edited by Alx.; 09-27-2012, 08:20 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

LOL, JMM wasn't facing an attacker. He became the aggresor.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      I'm with you, I don't see Marquez competing with many welterweights not named Pacman. Marquez just knows him, can read him like a book. Everyone else overwhelms him with size & strength.
                      Its been a while since we agreed on something. I agree with this. Berto is terrible match up for him. Hes bigger, faster and stronger than May is at 147. JMM would be in wayyy over his head especially fighting a MW on fight night. He stands zero chance against Berto. Berto is about to outgrow 147 if he hasnt already,. Hes too big for JMM.

Floyd even said he was too big for JMM. Against Ortiz he should lose but knowing Ortiz hed probably mess around and get TKO'd by Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X