Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    What are you talking about?

Everyone knows that on average academics are left-leaning (with some exceptions).

But, I think my post sort of went over your head a little.
    Kind of goes perfectly with the thread...no? hahah

Comment

Everyone knows that on average academics are left-leaning (with some exceptions).

Of course, any study needs to be regarded with skepticism, as no one study, or small group of studies, can be definitive.

Regarding what you say, that "academics are mostly progressive/left leaning"; when typing this did it occur to you that most academics also have above-average intelligence (as measured by things like, say, IQ tests?)Not saying that is much confirmation of the supposed tendency either, but it does cast your comment in a slightly ironic light. But I get your point, kind of.
      You were trying to imply that because most modern college institutions are left leaning, that they might be 'right' because, they would know best.

Why? Because these people are supposably "above-average intelligence (as measured by things like, say, IQ tests".

Imo as I seen it. But I dont know you kinda see things, a little. In ironic lights, sometimes, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post

Imo as I seen it. But I dont know you kinda see things, a little. In ironic lights, sometimes, maybe.
        superior intelligence. ^^

Comment

I agree that the intelligence of academics is going to be higher than the average population. But I wonder if they extrapolate from that (subconsciously) and conclude that because most of their colleagues are smart and most of their colleagues are left-leaning that means intelligence and left wing politics go hand in hand. I've met some very intelligent conservatives and some tragically stupid lefties. The reverse has also been true.

Comment

I really like Neil deGrasse Tyson. He actually makes a dumb ass like myself comprehend things that are way out of my league.

Comment

This article(could hardly call it a study) is a mess. The only thing clear is its intent.
              I like to see how emotionaly excited some of you are over it. (maybe more red k for the big celebration) lol

Its nothing new, more of the same. The perfect human according to the current media establishment(cant call some of this scientific) is as follows- multi mix raced, stern atheist, and obviously "liberal".

Judging from this thread, you all will enjoy more from Live Science. Most of you are proabably already taking parenting tips though.

http://www.livescience.com/17913-adv...y-parents.html

Comment

Leftist propaganda. It is bs.

Comment

This article(could hardly call it a study) is a mess. The only thing clear is its intent.
                  I like to see how emotionaly excited some of you are over it. (maybe more red k for the big celebration) lol

Its nothing new, more of the same. The perfect human according to the current media establishment(cant call some of this scientific) is as follows- multi mix raced, stern atheist, and obviously "liberal".

Judging from this thread, you all will enjoy more from Live Science. Most of you are proabably already taking parenting tips though.

http://www.livescience.com/17913-adv...y-parents.html
                  Hey, not my fault you have guys like Romney and Gingrich as "viable" candidates, and have clowns like Palin and Trump co-signing them.

Shout out to spell check. I couldn't spell "candidates" to save my life.

Comment

You were trying to imply that because most modern college institutions are left leaning, that they might be 'right' because, they would know best.

Why? Because these people are supposably "above-average intelligence (as measured by things like, say, IQ tests".

No, I was actually agreeing that most academics are, indeed, left leaning. As I said, everyone knows this. It's nothing to hide.

I didn't imply that they might be "'right' because, they would know best.", at all.

What I was saying, was that SP trying to say that these guys who conducted the study were probably left-leaning because they were academics was, at least at face value, in a slight degree ironic because academics generally have above average intelligence. (Although it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.)

And with that said, it's good night from me. It's 2:30am here, and I've been sipping on some whiskey.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      I agree that the intelligence of academics is going to be higher than the average population. But I wonder if they extrapolate from that (subconsciously) and conclude that because most of their colleagues are smart and most of their colleagues are left-leaning that means intelligence and left wing politics go hand in hand. I've met some very intelligent conservatives and some tragically stupid lefties. The reverse has also been true.
                      Yeah, I don't disagree with the post. I also agree with the underlined (*takes a smug sip of whiskey).

Comment

Working...
                      X