Stadium fights and last minute eBay tickets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium fights and last minute eBay tickets

Hi friends,

In my experience, big sold out stadium music events tend to end up with loads of tickets going for 1/3 of face value in the week of the event.

Does this happen with boxing? I'm thinking about trying to get a ticket to Froch vs Groves late on.

Don't know about that mate, but I'm sure the extra 20,000 will go on sale soon. Cause I'm hoping to get one a piece for me and our kid.

Comment

It really depends on the event or team, but usually with team sports there are a bunch of game and you can get deals on the lesser ones or if your team is doing poorly.

With a big fight that is a one time thing, so it really comes down to demand. People are saying it is a really big event there, so I don't think you will find a great deal like that.

Comment

I think a lot of it comes down to things being announced really early. If you sell 80,000 tickets in September, chances are 2,000 people won't be able to make it by July. This is relatively short notice so I don't know that it'll end up with loads on eBay.

If they do put up the other 20,000 I'll be pretty confident of getting in on the cheap.

Comment

I think so. Every fight ive been to has had people selling tickets outside.

Even Pac- Hatton had people selling.

Comment

It does happen in boxing, I never buy a ticket until the day of the fight.

But for a fight like froch groves in England, I dunno. In USA the promoters and venues have a pretty intricate system of selling boxing tickets, I don't know how it works over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
              Hi friends,

In my experience, big sold out stadium music events tend to end up with loads of tickets going for 1/3 of face value in the week of the event.

Does this happen with boxing? I'm thinking about trying to get a ticket to Froch vs Groves late on.
              I would be amazed if you got anything under face value for Froch-Groves let alone 1/3rd.

Best bet would be the extra 20k but all of those are at the top of stadium.

Comment

Definitely. If you keep a close eye on eBay/GumTree during fight week, you may get something at face value.

Comment

Usually will find spares tickets going outside the ground. If you wait until the event starts the touts will often take anything just to get shot of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X