Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch, Kessler, Johnson, Abraham - which fighters beat weight-drained 168 Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch, Kessler, Johnson, Abraham - which fighters beat weight-drained 168 Dawson?

In my view, Froch and Kessler beat the version of Chad Dawson that Ward fought, and probably by TKO in a similar fashion. Dawson beat Johnson twice before but Johnson didn't face the weight-drained Dawson. However Johnson himself moved down from 175 and didn't really look good returning to 168 so not sure what the outcome would be, however he did KO Green while Ward wasn't able do that. And Abraham doesn't look great at the weight either, but he might have caught Dawson late in the fight after his stamina was depleted.

So which of these fighters beat weight-drained Dawson, putting up a multiple choice poll.
    Carl Froch
    26.32%
    Mikkel Kessler
    17.54%
    Arthur Abraham
    11.40%
    Glen Johnson
    6.14%
    Allen Green
    3.51%
    Andre Dirrell
    15.79%
    Lucian Bute
    12.28%
    Jermain Taylor
    7.02%

all of them except Green and current Taylor, although it's not like those two have no chance, 168 Dawson was a joke.

Comment

I believe we are talking current versions.

So I'd say Froch, Kessler, Abraham and Bute beats Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        all of them except Green and current Taylor, although it's not like those two have no chance, 168 Dawson was a joke.
        true 168 Dawson was just a shadow of the fighter he is at 175

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          true 168 Dawson was just a shadow of the fighter he is at 175
          Or he just meet a fighter that have dominated every topnotch figheter he has ever faced.

Why is it soo diffficult to understand that Ward is just a better fighter and that is why dawson got beat, and not because of weight ?

Dawson have been saying for years that he wanted to move back to 168 where he used to fight, he said making weight was no problem, have not said one word after the fight about the weight being a factor for the lose, infact he has said the opposit.

I dont get it, if ward was some medicore boxer and Dawson got dominated then it might look dubious, but we are talking Andre Ward the gold medal winner that just won the supersix by dominating topnotch prioven fighters.

The most stupid of all theory`s in boxing is those that beleive that when a boxer loses there is something wrong with him.

Let me put it this way, if dawson had faught Kessler that night at 168, he would proberly have boxed kesslers ears of and idiots like you would proberly be saying that Dawson beats Ward
          Last edited by 110110110; 10-08-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

To be fair Ward took alot of Dawsons weapons away with his movement,angles and style and smothered his punches,will the others be able to do the same?

Comment

Ward simply did not allow Dawson to get off,he confused him and embarrassed him

Comment

Froch, Kessler, Johnson and Abraham, who beats Andre Ward?

Comment

Controversial here, but I think Dirrell would be too fast for Dawson who at 168 has slightly slower reflexes from making weight, could see a UD there.

Froch I could see applying the pressure and possibly forcing a close controversial UD. Dawson would land good straight lefts but Froch would just keep coming and maybe grind the victory. Depends on Dawsons pop at 168 as Froch is easier to hit than Ward.

Dawson would beat Abraham by decision provided he boxed him, but with Dawson's legs and chin a little shaky at 168 if AA catches him there could be a stoppage.

Dawson and Kessler would be a close one, still think Dawson has the speed and slickness over Kessler at 168 but again its how his legs would hold up to Kesslers bombs, otherwise could see a decision over this version of Kessler. Both styles would be difficult to one another.

Dawson beats everybody else by decision. Johnson, Green and Bute in my opinion are all tight at 168 like Dawson. Current Bute/Dawson would be a southpaw chess match, both weary of their stamina/chins, but I see Dawson's speed edging a close decision, although Bute's body punching could wear down Dawson late in the fight. Bute would have an edge in power but it'd be interesting to see whether their stances created the angles to capitalise on any chances one another gave.

Comment

Edison Miranda.

Comment

Working...
                    X