Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Hindsight, Should Kovalev have avoided Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Good responses in this thread. I don't follow boxing as much as I once did, but it seems to me that Kovalev has lost all his superstar luster. A few years back, he was the man to beat and a mega superstar in boxing; right now, he's seems irrelevant and somewhat forgotten.
    Only on this forum does a loss to Ward make you a shyt fighter, you talk to anyone who knows boxing in the street and they'll tell you Kovalev is a beast, he just met a guy better than him. Moving right along.

Kovalev will desteoy Shabranskyy, he'll begin his ascent to the top again, if he gets by the like of the next generation is a different story these new cats look hungry,question is if they wanna be the best they gotta get by Krusher to prove it because ain't none of em done what Kovalev has done:

Comment

well he thought he was good enough to overcome ward's preferential refs and judges but unfortunately he wasn't. they got him with the robbery in the first fight then the low blows in the second. he had to ko ward to win but ward knows how to fight to prevent that with illegal nonstop clinching. he probably made good money so maybe it was worth it from a financial stand point.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        Only on this forum does a loss to Ward make you a shyt fighter, you talk to anyone who knows boxing in the street and they'll tell you Kovalev is a beast, he just met a guy better than him. Moving right along.

Kovalev will desteoy Shabranskyy, he'll begin his ascent to the top again, if he gets by the like of the next generation is a different story these new cats look hungry,question is if they wanna be the best they gotta get by Krusher to prove it because ain't none of em done what Kovalev has done:
        you honestly think ward is a better boxer than kovalev because the corrupt judges gave him a gift and because weeks stopped the fight on low blows? how does that prove he's better at all? first fight was a clear win for kovlaev and the second i had him up 5-2 before he was stopped andrew golota style so that fight goes down as unofficial in my mind. that leaves it at 1 win for kovalev and 1 unfinished fight. zero wins for ward so how can he be better?ward has yet to prove he is better in any way except he has better use of corruption but we should accept corruption i guess is what you are saying. round 10 to ward....clear low blows are "body shots" no i wont do that. it was a setup for and the ironic part is it got them nothing. he retired. they just lost money and couldnt capitalize on it. they setup ward for future paydays and he just retires lmao
        Last edited by daggum; 11-22-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

kova beat ward first fight

and ward cheated to win the 2nd

funny how how people only pay attention to the result ...."but the result is all that matters" ...yea if you're a casual

in that case why dont we just all stop debatin on this forum and refer to boxrec.com

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            you honestly think ward is a better boxer than kovalev because the corrupt judges gave him a gift and because weeks stopped the fight on low blows? how does that prove he's better at all? first fight was a clear win for kovlaev and the second i had him up 5-2 before he was stopped andrew golota style so that fight goes down as unofficial in my mind. that leaves it at 1 win for kovalev and 1 unfinished fight. zero wins for ward so how can he be better?ward has yet to prove he is better in any way except he has better use of corruption but we should accept corruption i guess is what you are saying. round 10 to ward....clear low blows are "body shots" no i wont do that. it was a setup for and the ironic part is it got them nothing. he retired. they just lost money and couldnt capitalize on it. they setup ward for future paydays and he just retires lmao
            You're nothing more than a fan boy, you've proved it time and time again. If you genuinely believe Krusher won the tenth round fabulous, I suggest you take a look at his body language at the end of the round and see if you believe Krusher really believed he won the round.

Please don't quote me again, I've no desire to discuss boxing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              kova beat ward first fight

and ward cheated to win the 2nd

funny how how people only pay attention to the result ...."but the result is all that matters" ...yea if you're a casual

in that case why dont we just all stop debatin on this forum and refer to boxrec.com
              You believe we should give more credence to biased emotionally invested fan boys on a site like this rather than the judges, in every instance right ?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Good responses in this thread. I don't follow boxing as much as I once did, but it seems to me that Kovalev has lost all his superstar luster. A few years back, he was the man to beat and a mega superstar in boxing; right now, he's seems irrelevant and somewhat forgotten.
                kovalev was never a mega superstar. he really isn't a big draw. his fights with ward were the first time he's fought on ppv.

Comment

This is what great fighters do fight the best.

Comment

Kovalev had to fight Ward.
                    I met SOG, he was kind & humble, told me Froch hit harder than anyone, and he struggled with him.

I'm a Bay Area native, love Oakland more than the city. I knew Ward would win...

Kovalev lovers are gonna stress on low blows etc.

This is boxing, let the ref decide what is or isn't a foul.

Kovalev had to show he was the man, he lost.

Comment

Just like Dunn said, I think the answer is "no" because a lot of people (including myself) felt he won the first fight. And hell, even though he got TKO'd in the second fight, I had him up a round going into the TKO round. He was never outmatched and was clearly on Ward's level.

Comment

Working...
                      X