Collapse
No announcement yet.

How McGregor came off, to me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He comes across as a poser and a bit of a weakling (mentally) to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      He comes across as a poser and a bit of a weakling (mentally) to me.

pretty sure hes a cokehead and alcoholic. Hes still young so getting away with it now but he will be a mess in another 5 years if Im right.

Comment

Once again, in the history of boxing, I dare you to find a fighter who talked as much **** and delivered so little as this McConor guy. That will be my lasting memory of this fight.

Comment

Oh, and from a charismatic standpoint, the guy has a big bag of nothing. I mean, I guess if you are 14 year old suburban kid, or a late 20's/early 30's doucher there is something there...otherwise he's a joke in real life.

Comment

I think McGregor was way over his head. This was evident when he was getting his hand wrapped in the suit he wore to the arena. He was probably shocked he was doing well and the excitement and adrenaline fatigued him even more.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
              I don't watch MMA. If I watched it more, I'd probably like it. But, what I have watched...two men...hugging each other on the ground for long stretches...before the ref finally breaks it up, just doesnt appeal to me .

Tito Ortiz, The IceMan, Rampage, Rhonda, I know those guys. McGregor's pre-fight bombast comes off as an ACT to motivate him to excel in the violent sport. It's also to impose some intimidation on his opponent, to gain a psychological edge on his opponent, and hopefully win the fight before the bell rings.

Like, a Floyd, Wilder, or Big Baby bring their pre-fight personality into the ring? The McGregor that showed up to the fight WASN'T the same guy that out yelled Floyd at the press tour.

There was one moment in the first or second round, where Floyd hit him with a body shot, and McGregor put on an invincible act .

But other than that, the McGregor that showed up in the ring was a quiet, nervous fighter, a far cry from the press tour bravado.

I think at home, he's not this mouthy guy, it's just what he needs to motivate HIMSELF, and win the fight without throwing a punch. Am I reading him right?
              if you actually believed the whole scripted
              Fight press conferences between floyd and conor i got some swamp land to sell to you...the whole thing was a sham and a money grab for both conor and floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                Hilarious that anyone expected more from McGregor.

He had no chance. He isn't a boxer.

This event was just a swindle. Not a fight. It was obvious all along.
                For real. I mean, just look at the smile on Conor's face after the fight. He was carried, stopped, but earned a pile of cash. He accomplished as much as Floyd wanted him to accomplish in the ring.

Comment

The guys not a fking boxer for Christ sake. When are you people gonna get over it and start talking about real boxing again?

Let's put Floyd in the octagon and see if he looks like a world class grappler and striker with his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    The guys not a fking boxer for Christ sake. When are you people gonna get over it and start talking about real boxing again?

Let's put Floyd in the octagon and see if he looks like a world class grappler and striker with his legs.
                    Floyd is not shting on the UFC and its champions he is gracious towards any fighter, McPlastic is a big mouth with very little to back it up, he trashed our noble sport every chance he could, he talks the talk and cannot back it up.

Take your hate for Floyd and throw it in the trash can for once in your life stand up for Boxing, our champion beat the crap out of the over sized blow hard you should be happy with that.

Comment

a guy who has never been in a ring. wtf did people expect?

ANY amateur would ha ko'd him.

now, put Floyd in the uff against him and I will give Floyd 45 seconds to be crying with a broken arm on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                      X