Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peak Mike Tyson vs Peak James Toney (Who had better defense and head movement at HW)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak Mike Tyson vs Peak James Toney (Who had better defense and head movement at HW)?

Out of the two, who had the all round better defense and head movement when both competed at heavyweight during their peak?

Please explain your answers.

Thanks!
    Mike Tyson
    54.55%
    James Toney
    45.45%

Toney was peak at 160lbs/168lbs

Comment

Mismatch. Peak Tyson was @ HW. Peak JT was @ 160..

Comment

James toney peaked in fatness at hw fym lol

Comment

The first problem was that Toney never was peak as a heavyweight, second, Toney used blocks, parrying and his shoulders to defend himself, in a head movement only conversation i don't have many people over Tyson.

Comment

toney was a pretty good HW, but he wasn't prime at the weight.

tyson was a very good / great HW, and at his peak he had the best head movement in the history of the division. most HW are so long that they'll set up far back enogu that they can see shots coming and just step back. tyson didn't have that luxury, so he developed the style of a much smaller guy. worked really well for a short career. after tyson went to prison he was all but done as a great fighter.

Comment

How I see Tyson is that, just like Teddy Atlas said, a schoolyard bully. He'll keep bullying ppl who are no threats to him but each time faces a true opposition will lose.

Comment

To me a prime Toney was much harder to hit cleanly on the head than a prime Tyson.The prime Tyson had a decent defense but not even in the same class with the prime Toney in my opinion.

Comment

James Toney couldn't even beat Sam Peter and you think he has a chance against a prime Mike Tyson?

Comment

Tyson by a mile. Toney was never close to prime at HW and everything about him was diminished. That's what made his success there impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X