Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BloodyWanker is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,434.89
Default The jab, right hand and the elbows

When snapping the jab and firing the right hand, it's best to always keeps the elbows down and not to let the elbows flare. This makes the shots less powerful and also telegraphs the punch.

Here is my question. If your shoulder mobility is poor, and when you stand in your stance, it's not comfortable to hold your forearms straight and verticle...(my elbows flare), what is the best stretch to loosen the shoulders to help keep my elbows down naturally to fire better straight shots?

Cheers.
BloodyWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-17-2014, 06:02 AM #2
Interim Champion

TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,112,103.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyWanker View Post
When snapping the jab and firing the right hand, it's best to always keeps the elbows down and not to let the elbows flare. This makes the shots less powerful and also telegraphs the punch.

Here is my question. If your shoulder mobility is poor, and when you stand in your stance, it's not comfortable to hold your forearms straight and verticle...(my elbows flare), what is the best stretch to loosen the shoulders to help keep my elbows down naturally to fire better straight shots?

Cheers.
You need to stretch your internal rotators and strengthen your external rotators.

Do a Google for suitable stretches / exercises. Let me know if you are unable to find something suitable.
TheAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:38 AM #3
DETROIT BOXING

DetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFast has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,299.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyWanker View Post

Cheers.
if you cant hold your forearms straight then you may be in the wrong sport
DetroitFast is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
elbows, hand, jab

User Tag List