Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know why Gerald McClellan & Manny Steward fell apart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know why Gerald McClellan & Manny Steward fell apart?

anybody know?

well i don't know if this is the #1 reason but Gerald fell in love with his power rather than wanting to develop his skill
    he wasn't big on training hard cuz he felt his power would always bail him out and i'v read about how that urk'd manny, like alot of very naturally gifted athletes he slacked

Comment

Manny ate his last rollo.

Comment

Manny didnt like how much weight gerald would cut before the fight, he would leave it right til the last minute he did something were he would take the weight of really close to fight night then by fight night be huge

Comment

I read along time ago, cant remember where, that Gerald wanted stewards undivided attention, he wanted to be his no 1 fighter but steward was working with a lot of fighters at the time so that was that. Im sure it was an interview with gerald long time back. Maybe in Boxing illustrated, cant remember.

Comment

thnx for the comments

he left right before the benn fight right?

Comment

I think it had a lot to do with nutrition and weight issues, and in the end, dropping too much weight so quickly, Is what I think made him get hurt so bad by benn, so stewart may have been in the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                I think it had a lot to do with nutrition and weight issues, and in the end, dropping too much weight so quickly, Is what I think made him get hurt so bad by benn, so stewart may have been in the right.
                word has it that it wasn't benn that hurt gerald but jackson. supposedly after fighting jackson mcclellan used to get real bad headaches so something was already wrong in his brain from getting hit by the hardest p4p hitter of all time. So when he fought benn the issue just came to a 'head' no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
                  word has it that it wasn't benn that hurt gerald but jackson. supposedly after fighting jackson mcclellan used to get real bad headaches so something was already wrong in his brain from getting hit by the hardest p4p hitter of all time. So when he fought benn the issue just came to a 'head' no pun intended.
                  man there is just no need for that - intended or not.

anyways iv been wondering if promotional companies like GBP will set a new standard by getting their fighters to have compulsory brain scans every so often. GBP does seem to look after their fighters giving thm accountants and all that and making sure of their health just makes sense, even from a buisness point of view why not look to protect your investment and invest in the long term.

mclellan was a fighter who seemed to have fallen in love with his power, i know that for sure and contrbuted to his downfall.

Comment

yea, people say benn just finished the job

Comment

Working...
                    X