Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 08-17-2017, 05:38 PM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
batista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,074.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvj View Post
I think you guys are confusing athleticism with boxing. Was Zab a better boxer than Marquez? He was definitely faster, but thats about it. Outside of maybe his flick or speed jab, i dont even think he his jabs were better, he just relied on them more.

Whatever advantage Zab had in speed, Marquez more than made up for in IQ and technique.

Otherwise, we'd say Usain Bolt is a better wide receiver than Julio Jones or Antonio Brown.

Now i do think Jacobs and Canelo are a much closer in comparison than Zab and Marquez. Jacobs is obviously longer, covers more range, and has faster feet.

He has 'more lateral movement,' I think u mean faster and/or gives more angles? Erislandy has 'more lateral movement' than Jacobs? but I dont think he beats Jacobs (damn, thats actually a good matchup) ....im not sure Jacobs gives more angles, in or just outside of the pocket, than Canelo. Dont let Canelo fool you; while he may not have the same foot speed, he mimics the master, Floyd. Quick, efficient and REAL subtle. Floyds like the hour hand of a clock; you never see him move. Hes obviously quicker and he wrote the book on how to show them cornbread and give them butter, but Canelo is sneaky subtle with his angles.

Jacobs is longer and should be more athletic, Canelo has slightly better technique and IQ.....i give the edge to Canelo....not saying he beats Jacobs in a fight...h3ll, im not even arguing if u think Jacobs is the better boxer. Im just saying, if you think Jacobs is without question a much better 'boxer' than Canelo, you should probably pay a little bit more attention to Canelo.
Great post! A lot of wise knowledge fn the sweet science.
batista84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-17-2017, 05:41 PM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
batista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond reputebatista84 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,074.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwri008 View Post
First off, you gotta explain the "cornbread", "butter" line.

Jacobs and Canelo fight in a similar fashion but go about it in different ways. Canelo is primarily a counter puncher. But he also has great hand speed when throwing combos. The one knock on him is he fights in spurts. Jacobs on the hand sits back and wait for openings. He'll throw a few jabs to keep his opponents busy but he's always waiting for an opening so he can pounce. That hurt him with Golovkin because the openings weren't always there. His offense in that fight wasn't that crisp. They're fairly even in ability but Jacobs is a tad better because of his physical attributes.
Great post too, I guess we'll see how god of a boxer Canelo really is after the fight. This fight will tell a lot of both guys.
batista84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:41 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2615 Post(s)
TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,000,000,100,029,998,039,040.00
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedup View Post
Daniel Jacobs would like a word with you, I also think Jacobs beats the dog shh out of Canelo personally but that's just my opinion.
It's mine also...
TonyGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:47 PM #34
Undisputed Champion

TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
If power is everything why does Lemuix have loses to Rubio and 154lber Alcine??? I've seen lots of guys with power seem to always end up losing. And the ones with skill seem to be the hardest ones to beat.
He lost to Rubio because he didn't train properly and thought he could simply overwhelm him. He was wrong it doesn't work that way.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 12246 Post(s)
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,001,000,000,000,673,792.00
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
Abel Sanchez is sure Gennady Golovkin has fought bigger punchers than Canelo Alvarez. The man who trains Golovkin believes Curtis Stevens and David Lemieux both possessed superior power when they challenged Golovkin in middleweight title fights. The unbeaten Golovkin stopped Stevens and Lemieux, despite the danger they presented.
[Click Here To Read More]

jesus H christ, forget powah.....

Canelo is a better - more dangerous - puncher, than Pepe Le Pew

Canelo can actually land his best punch, Le Pew could not..... Canelo actually has the technical ability/skillset/accuracy/timing to make his punches count, Lemieux did not.....

he is two levels above Lemieux and a much better, more-dangerous, fighter..... Sanchez should never have mentioned the Canadian slugger

also, I don't think I agree with any of the breakdowns I have read in this thread

and you new Jacobs fans are hilarious..... Danny literally beat some sense into you clowns every time he punched Golovkin in the face..... but now, you think that he is the new Hagler
aboutfkntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:31 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGe View Post
He lost to Rubio because he didn't train properly and thought he could simply overwhelm him. He was wrong it doesn't work that way.

boxers learn that in the am's

Lemieux had learned that years earlier

if true, that would be a inexplicably horrible rookie mistake

don't believe a word of it
Old 08-17-2017, 06:33 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9172 Post(s)
Shadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 299,998,690,498,899,982,942,208.00
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvj View Post
I think you guys are confusing athleticism with boxing. Was Zab a better boxer than Marquez? He was definitely faster, but thats about it. Outside of maybe his flick or speed jab, i dont even think he his jabs were better, he just relied on them more.

Whatever advantage Zab had in speed, Marquez more than made up for in IQ and technique.

Otherwise, we'd say Usain Bolt is a better wide receiver than Julio Jones or Antonio Brown.

Now i do think Jacobs and Canelo are a much closer in comparison than Zab and Marquez. Jacobs is obviously longer, covers more range, and has faster feet.

He has 'more lateral movement,' I think u mean faster and/or gives more angles? Erislandy has 'more lateral movement' than Jacobs? but I dont think he beats Jacobs (damn, thats actually a good matchup) ....im not sure Jacobs gives more angles, in or just outside of the pocket, than Canelo. Dont let Canelo fool you; while he may not have the same foot speed, he mimics the master, Floyd. Quick, efficient and REAL subtle. Floyds like the hour hand of a clock; you never see him move. Hes obviously quicker and he wrote the book on how to show them cornbread and give them butter, but Canelo is sneaky subtle with his angles.

Jacobs is longer and should be more athletic, Canelo has slightly better technique and IQ.....i give the edge to Canelo....not saying he beats Jacobs in a fight...h3ll, im not even arguing if u think Jacobs is the better boxer. Im just saying, if you think Jacobs is without question a much better 'boxer' than Canelo, you should probably pay a little bit more attention to Canelo.
100% CORRECT!! A lot of ppl think Canelo doesn't have fast feet. But he actually does. He has a VERY fast GOOD 1-2. He just has not the best3,4,5 foot step, cut the ring type of footwork. But that's not gonna be needed in this fight. Against very slick, technical fighters who he needs to stalk will always be 1-2 steps ahead of him. He has no problem catching the ones who just step 1-2 steps back...
Shadoww702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:39 PM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
boxers learn that in the am's

Lemieux had learned that years earlier

if true, that would be a inexplicably horrible rookie mistake

don't believe a word of it
He that's the beauty of boxing everyone has an opinion.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:13 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
100% CORRECT!! A lot of ppl think Canelo doesn't have fast feet. But he actually does. He has a VERY fast GOOD 1-2. He just has not the best3,4,5 foot step, cut the ring type of footwork. But that's not gonna be needed in this fight. Against very slick, technical fighters who he needs to stalk will always be 1-2 steps ahead of him. He has no problem catching the ones who just step 1-2 steps back...

there is nothing wrong with his footwork

if there was, his team would have fixed it years ago

Canelo has very good footwork for his style, but he is not a pressure fighter/swarmer, so his style is not conducive to cutting off the ring

the rubbish about Canelo's footwork..... is the same as the rubbish about Floyd not doing well against southpaws..... and is the same level of rubbish as Floyd being feather-fisted.....

that casual-fan rubbish will never be mentioned after Sep
Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 PM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1367 Post(s)
Robi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to beholdRobi13 is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 100,000,046,121.66
A Good luck Clover as Thanks 4 clowning that fgggot rayvez-tite,I will forever send u points/karma if u keep clowning that cuck constantly - kushking 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
Since you put a "period" on it discussion is over!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Period...!
Robi13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List