Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-29-2017, 01:09 PM #31
Interim Champion

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Sp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant futureSp0rty Cr@ig has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,029,916.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward90 View Post
I will respectfully disagree. Mikey is absolutely great. His skills are unquestionable. Good excitement. However, he seems to be a complete class act, which doesn't generate the gross PPV dollars anymore. People love controversy. He will definitely make plenty of money, but unless he becomes a dominant force with minimal tune-ups and continuous top-level wins, he won't become PPV king... Just my thoughts. I don't really care, but Mikey seems like the kind of guy that you want the best for...
Only blacks need controversy to become PPV stars

Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto, De La hoya all respectable and class acts!
Sp0rty Cr@ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-29-2017, 01:15 PM #32
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 6698 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,377,074,931,721,954,131,968.00
Total Points: 24,377,074,931,721,954,131,968.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
Thing is yes he's Mexican but there are tons of Mexican fighters at and around his weight that have a bigger fan base then him. There were a lot of empty seats for his fight last night. Mexicans didn't even show up early to catch his fight or catch the entirety of it.
No one is saying that he is a pay per view star NOW.

The question is if he can become one and I think that with the right build up he can. He has the skills to keep beating almost anyone they put in front of him.

And if they market him to the Mexican fan base they will embrace him if he keeps winning. He also speaks English well so if he goes on an extended run of victories he can crossover to the general American public.

The ingredients are there.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:26 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4483 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,225,645.02
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
No one is saying that he is a pay per view star NOW.

The question is if he can become one and I think that with the right build up he can. He has the skills to keep beating almost anyone they put in front of him.

And if they market him to the Mexican fan base they will embrace him if he keeps winning. He also speaks English well so if he goes on an extended run of victories he can crossover to the general American public.

The ingredients are there.
Mikey is not a young kid he turns 30 this year he don't have time to build up that fan base and Mexicans are already not beating down doors to support him. Speaking English is great but you need more then that to cross over. History says it's almost impossible for a small fighter like him and he just doesn't have the "it" factor. Manny one of the few little guys ever had "it" and even he needed to move up to 147 and get a fight with a already ppv superstar Oscar to breakthrough. Can Mikey move up to 147 and what ppv star is there for him if and when that happens to cross over? Manny was a fight that might of done it years ago when he was with top rank but thats gone now.

There are many great fighters only few ever become ppv stars and almost none little like Mikey.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-29-2017 at 01:28 PM.
bigdunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:27 PM #34
The Truth Hurts

Quoted: 2458 Post(s)
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,002,360,505.35
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Mikey always had Superstar Potential even with Top Rank, I think Arum would've made him a Superstar as well but the different now is that when he does become a star most of his money won't go to a Promoter!
sicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:02 PM #35
Banned

Quoted: 9767 Post(s)
Kigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,338,996.37
stop posting and eat a banana - Arthur Dayne one for each hole - //// Dance for me boy - Death_Adder Dance some more boy - Death_Adder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
Mikey always had Superstar Potential even with Top Rank, I think Arum would've made him a Superstar as well but the different now is that when he does become a star most of his money won't go to a Promoter!
Mikey should start his own promotional company.
Kigali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:09 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
cotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,236,897.04

He's almost 30 and talking about how boxing has become boring. Not going to happen. He'll probably retire in a few years or after his 1st professional L.
cotto#1p4p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:10 PM #37
Banned

Kigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond reputeKigali has a reputation beyond repute
stop posting and eat a banana - Arthur Dayne one for each hole - //// Dance for me boy - Death_Adder Dance some more boy - Death_Adder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0rty [email protected] View Post
Only blacks need controversy to become PPV stars

Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto, De La hoya all respectable and class acts!
They are PORTRAYED as respectable class acts....NONE of them are.

Pac slapped a grown man for not fluffing his rice.

Classy

Canelo (and his Brothers) assaulted flyweight Archie solis over a woman...breaking his jaw in several places and basically ending his career

Respectful and classy

Oscar...is a basket case....from raping a 15 y/o girl in mexico...to abusing drugs....dressing like a woman...and getting pegged in the ass by strippers
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Classy and Sassy
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:15 PM #38
The Money Team

Quoted: 1180 Post(s)
JoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,379,552,490,055.67
Total Points: 45,379,563,669,546.95

You have to defeat a big star to become one. Even then there's no guarantee. Mosley beat Oscar twice and it didn't make him a PPV star after those wins.
JoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:15 PM #39
Contender

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
pvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these partspvj is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,014,307.98

Loma and crawford excite me; but not broner.....poor jab will do him in against mikey.

I wouldn't throw verdejo in there just yet.....hes on a 2 year collision course with valdez, now the winner of that fight will be ready for mikey.
pvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:16 PM #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvj View Post
Loma and crawford excite me; but not broner.....poor jab will do him in against mikey.

I wouldn't throw verdejo in there just yet.....hes on a 2 year collision course with valdez, now the winner of that fight will be ready for mikey.
Robert Easter Jr at almost 6' is a serious threat.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List