No announcement yet.

Weight loss has Halted.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss has Halted.

So I've been trying to drop my weight from 186-140 I'm 19 and i'm 5'7.Right now i'm at 173, but for some reason the past couple of days i have not seen a single change in weight.

EATING:

My diet has Been 1350-1500 calories a day.

I'm typically eating oatmeal, tuna fish , and soup.
    I occasionaly make sure to switch it up, but lunch is always tunafish ( i love tuna.)

I work at mcdonalds But I watch what i eat there . I can't sit there and eat salads because i Can't make my calorie limit that way.So I always Get a Double hamburger and a small diet coke. The hamburger is plain and clocks in at 330 calories with everything on it. it's the fattiest thing i eat all day.

I try to stick multiple meals in but I gotta get those 1350-1500 calories into three meals, due to my lack of availability to a kitchen. I work from 8-4 and I box from 5-8 . So I can eat in the morning but for most of my day I'm busy and unable to eat, and I'm stuck eating dinner at 9 p.m monday thru friday.

My only conclusion is My meals need more carbs and fat, and i need to raise my calorie intake, Or magically i'm eating wrong.

Workout:
    Monday-Friday

I Box of course sometimes ranging from 2-3 hours, I have no clue how many calories I burn But my shirt and shorts are always soaked sometimes i spar but i'm continuously working. Usually I check my weight in and out of the gym and theres usually like a pound or two dropped.

Tuesday & Wednesday

I unload the truck delivry at my job usualy it ranges from 120-200 boxes all averaging 30 pounds You could technically say I lift each box at least twice due to the fact They must be unloaded and then put away. That's not counting Me pulling the 5-8 carts with all the boxes in from 20 yards away.
    I usually get a nice workout , and i sweat a little.

Everysingle Day

I am supposed to be running, but....lmfao.

My conclusion with working out is I'm not working out hard enough, but I feel I am i don't do an all around routine 5 days a week some days I'll only shadowbox do situps and hit the bag, some days I do everything somedays I life a little weights hit the bag and jump rope.

Or I'm working out way too much and I need to eat more.
    Last edited by Be_kind_rewind; 05-27-2011, 09:43 PM.

You need to eat less carbs, less fat and more protein. Eating a McDonalds cheeseburger every day is not helping your goals. Lean meats, fish, whole grains and fruits/vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by G-DOGS View Post
      You need to eat less carbs, less fat and more protein. Eating a McDonalds cheeseburger every day is not helping your goals. Lean meats, fish, whole grains and fruits/vegetables.

But how When i only have three times to eat.

If I don't eat the hamburger I'm usualy eating tuna sandwhiches and I'm avoiding carbs like a mother****a. the bread I use for my tuna sandwhiches is is so light it taste like a sponge. the soups I eat have no sodium it's just waterd down broth with baked chicken... and the oatmeal I have is 2 servings.

I've honestly Not even been eating 1350-1500 calories a day

I don't want to stuff my self in one sitting so sometimes the most I can do before 9 is like 800-900 calories And I know that's slowing my metabolism.

EDIT: I do undserstnad what your saying. But I'm watching what i eat like I said. Just because it's a burger doesn't mean it's a tub of lard of scarfin down lol. People always get on me for that, but I don't understand how it's bad. Yeah it's a burger but its not like burgers are evil, and were talking about the Small ass burgers mcdonalds has. I only eat the meat and the bun. I only defend that choice of food because It's my best option, Because then Ill be taking in less then 1000 calories daily. I don't even think I'm supposed to be at 1500 I think i'm more at 2000-2300 I'm only 19 and 5'7
      Last edited by Be_kind_rewind; 05-27-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Eat nothing but fruit and vegetables for a month. Only meat you can have is fish. Not canned fish. Then keep your workouts but really all you have to do is run for 30 minutes at a high pace. You'll lose 20 lbs just like that.

I tried it. Hell I did it without running and I lost 17lbs and the month isn't even up yet.

Don't want to try it? Then you will have to stop eating the burgers, turn up the tempo or increase the duration of your workouts. McDonalds has salads. Eat that, take out the croutons and chicken, add no dressings. You'll start losing weight again.

Yes, it sucks but you do what you gotta do to meet the goals. Once your where you want to be, you can eat whatever you want because now your just maintaining instead of trying to decrease.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
          But how When i only have three times to eat.

If I don't eat the hamburger I'm usualy eating tuna sandwhiches and I'm avoiding carbs like a mother****a. the bread I use for my tuna sandwhiches is is so light it taste like a sponge. the soups I eat have no sodium it's just waterd down broth with baked chicken... and the oatmeal I have is 2 servings.

I've honestly Not even been eating 1350-1500 calories a day

I don't want to stuff my self in one sitting so sometimes the most I can do before 9 is like 800-900 calories And I know that's slowing my metabolism.

EDIT: I do undserstnad what your saying. But I'm watching what i eat like I said. Just because it's a burger doesn't mean it's a tub of lard of scarfin down lol. People always get on me for that, but I don't understand how it's bad. Yeah it's a burger but its not like burgers are evil, and were talking about the Small ass burgers mcdonalds has. I only eat the meat and the bun. I only defend that choice of food because It's my best option, Because then Ill be taking in less then 1000 calories daily. I don't even think I'm supposed to be at 1500 I think i'm more at 2000-2300 I'm only 19 and 5'7
          Those burgers are fried in oil. They are horrible for you. If you want to lose weight, I outlined how. You can argue about it, but that won't help you solve your problem.

Comment

What about my metabolism I need to lose weight and keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by G-DOGS View Post
              Those burgers are fried in oil. They are horrible for you. If you want to lose weight, I outlined how. You can argue about it, but that won't help you solve your problem.

How are they fried in OIL?

The meat we get is raw beef, and is grilled on a dry grill no butter nothing else is added but salt and pepper. I make hundreds of them a day, I will take your advice but you cannot argue with me about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
                What about my metabolism I need to lose weight and keep it up.

You'll have to eat more frequently. Every 3 hours eat a small meal/snack. Should be majority vegetables. Lettuce expands your stomach, makes you think your full. Carrots do the job for me though, I eat a carrot with any of the meals and I am satisfied for whatever reason.

If you work full time, that will be difficult to accomplish. So I would say make your breakfast count, eat your lunch as scheduled, then squeeze in 2-3 small meals after work.

Comment

Dude you went about it wrong..

I am assuming you are kinda fat? if your wanting to drop 40 pounds or so.. the weight should fly off at first when you start with just a calorie deficet of 500. Meaning for a male adult you would be normally around 2500/2300 and drop to 2000/1800. Eating down at 1350/1500 just gives you no were to go when your weight loss starts to stall.

I would restart and try going for exercise and a diet around the 2k mark then alter as it gets harder to drop weight. Just get some healthy nuts in a tub and maybe a protein bar too keep you ticking over at work.

Comment

To a boxers Image i'm fat but to other people I'm not fat at all.

-I need to reach 168 so i can be processed for the air force
                    -I want to drop 40 pounds so i don't have to be bothered with people much taller than me, in matches
                    -Plus Summers comin'

Comment

Working...
                    X