Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work by the referee

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      jermain taylor was the middleweight champion of the world and he beat bernard hopkins.

chad dawson was the light heavyweight champion of the world. beat hopkins, tarver, johnson, adamek, a very good list of fighters.

can't forget that troy merriweather guy, either. freud tinkleberry? something like that. anyway, dude could f#cking fight.
      Jeff Lacy also beat Scott Pemberton and an ancient Robin Reid when he was IBF champion. Thirteenth-coming of Mike Tyson and all that. In 2005 RING magazine Floyd was little more than a footnote.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
        Seen a lot of premature and late stoppages, but this is one of the all time greatest stoppages.

I love that announcer (not al bernstein) . does anyone know who he is? He did an excellent job. I'm going back to England Mom and I'm keeping my title
        Last edited by nacho daddy; 07-12-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i was there. still the best fight i've ever seen live. most exciting couple of minutes i've ever experienced in in a sports arena. probably the most exciting thing i've ever "Watched" instead of done.
          I was watching it at a bar. Crowd went absolutely CRAZY when the ref jumped in to stop it.

That's why boxing is the greatest sport on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            nah ward-kovalev 2 was the greatest stoppage of all time

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
              I love that announcer (not al bernstein) . does anyone know who he is? He did an excellent job. I'm going back to England Mom and I'm keeping my title

that's gus johnson. guy had very little knowledge of the sport but he had a great voice for the action. he's been a very successful commentator for a bunch of american sports. he calls NBA and college football games now i believe. probably most famous for calling "march madness," which is a collegiate basketball tournament that is insanely popular in the US.

he stopped calling fight for showtime based on a contract dispute. mauro knows a lot more about fight sports, mostly MMA, but i don't really care for his voice and would like for them to move on when they find a better candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                Seen a lot of premature and late stoppages, but this is one of the all time greatest stoppages.

Still gives me goosebumps every time I see that one... funny, you know what's coming cos we all seen seen it like 50 times, but it still gets to you.

Comment

Working...
                X