Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your ideal federal budget for the government (USA)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    So 1 billion is rubbish?

And how much you earn a year to call a billion rubbish?

Have you sucked it up and got a better job yet?
    Rubbish of course. More is needed. I make millions when it came to Zimbabwean currency back in the 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Given that mandatory spending is roughly 67% of any budget, I would make the following changes:

I would bite the bullet and address the issues we have with Social Security and healthcare. this is where more than $2 trillion of mandatory spending is made. I would look to reduce this number by $500 billion.

I would increase Veterans aid by $ 100 billion to about $225 billion. Aimed at physical/mental healthcare and pay for education for returning soldiers.

I would increase transportation by $200 billion to make it $260 billion and use money to fix airports, roads, bridges, tunnels, railroads, etc.

Food & Agriculture would be increased by $200 billion with the aim being to have farmers produce enough food so breakfast and lunch are available for free in every school in the country. I also would be legalizing marijuana so resources would be used for cultivation, employment, and security(ie border patrol ) form no American competitors.

As for discretionary spending, which makes up 33% of the budget I would:

I would reduce military spending by $200 billion, dropping it to about $400 billion. I would prioritize cyber security, reduce wasteful spending on failed programs like the f-35, I would also not put money into "ground war" weaponry.

I would take about $35 billion of this cut and put it into education, $40 billion healthcare, $25 billion into government spending, $25 billion into housing, $25 billion into transportation, $50 billion into energy and environment.
      Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      I like your budget, but it doesn't have enough pork to make it out of committee
      Yeah Dunn, if you were facing lobbyist and voters you wouldn't be able to smell the rooms of power with that budget.

Comment

Thats the real sad part. I do think the increases in transportation should get it through because those repairs will usually cover at least one 6 yr senate term so you should have plenty of people employed such that you get reelected.

Besides, our roads, bridges, dams and electrical systems are really shit. Not to mention airports.
        But see the majority doesn't care about those things unless they are seriously damaged or cause large numbers of deaths.

Comment

Beer, do you ever fly out of JFK? That place is such a shithole.
          Hartsfield-Jackson is hella nice though.

Comment

I just don't see why Trump didn't put that out first. Just throw everyone that hates him a bone so they can get people working again. Then fix Obamacare and do the border thing.

One of my main problems with Obama. But I guess if you don't win a state you aren't going to give them as much federal money as you do where your supporters are.
            What was that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              I definitely think its something that needs to be addressed at the national level. I've driven all over the eastern half of the country and seen the shape of many of our roads. I've seen pics of airports in other countries and it's no comparison to some of the places I've flown out of. We need to fix this
              When I used Fort Lauderdale and La Guardia, I felt like I was back in Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Rubbish of course. More is needed. I make millions when it came to Zimbabwean currency back in the 2000s.
                Your posts are rubbish, child

Comment

I would just clip education out entirely since if you learn anything you didn't already know in public academia then your life prospects are zero

Comment

Working...
                  X