No announcement yet.

I hated Chavez's front runner toughness but Rios is dirty to his eye brows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hated Chavez's front runner toughness but Rios is dirty to his eye brows

This guy would get inside and push forward with his forehead at the opponent's chest/face to get space. WTF is this seriously? Though at times Chavez was holding and exaggerating the headbutts.

I just didn't know you can use your head on the inside as if it were a jab or smth.

Then Chavez's signature move, throw a left hook and evade the ever-plodding Rios. What does Rios do? He grabs him with the right hand, pushes his forehead it and throws looping left hands. At which point Chavez has to grab him seeing that his chin is exposed due to Rios's forehead pushing it from underneath and getting punched with Rios left while Rios is holding him with his right. Again, SERIOUSLY, WTF and how is this legal?

The ref is a complete scum. The first point deduction, WTF, this guy referred Khan vs Collazo. The second point deduction, Chavez dives like a prime soccer player and gets rewarded for it. The second point deduction for Chavez. Rios pushes Chavez's face on the inside with his glove twice on the inside to which Chavez retaliates with the same face push, Rios makes a fuss about it and Vic deducts a point.

The disqualification - Chavez wants to push his head in again and Chavez gets smarter and says hell no, you're getting in a headlock. Rios doesn't like it and Chavez gets disqualified.

Why is it so hard to be a fan of this sport.

Where are the Molina vs Mathyse fights, where are the Gamboa vs Crawford fights?

Chaves

Comment

It's the Garcia school of boxing. Make it ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        This guy would get inside and push forward with his forehead at the opponent's chest/face to get space. WTF is this seriously? Though at times Chavez was holding and exaggerating the headbutts.

I just didn't know you can use your head on the inside as if it were a jab or smth.

Then Chavez's signature move, throw a left hook and evade the ever-plodding Rios. What does Rios do? He grabs him with the right hand, pushes his forehead it and throws looping left hands. At which point Chavez has to grab him seeing that his chin is exposed due to Rios's forehead pushing it from underneath and getting punched with Rios left while Rios is holding him with his right. Again, SERIOUSLY, WTF and how is this legal?

The ref is a complete scum. The first point deduction, WTF, this guy referred Khan vs Collazo. The second point deduction, Chavez dives like a prime soccer player and gets rewarded for it. The second point deduction for Chavez. Rios pushes Chavez's face on the inside with his glove twice on the inside to which Chavez retaliates with the same face push, Rios makes a fuss about it and Vic deducts a point.

The disqualification - Chavez wants to push his head in again and Chavez gets smarter and says hell no, you're getting in a headlock. Rios doesn't like it and Chavez gets disqualified.

Why is it so hard to be a fan of this sport.

Where are the Molina vs Mathyse fights, where are the Gamboa vs Crawford fights?
        Meh, tune in for this clincher if you want, what a waste of talent, utterly useless.

Comment

ts knows fuk all about boxing, now no one is allowed to come in low? if chavez wants he could duck to one side(like early in the fight), then he could circle rios, or he could maintain his ground and fight on the inside with his head opposite to rios(how most inside fights take place)

you're fuking head doesn't have to be in line with your opponents head and have you left standing there with your chin in the air

now if rios came rushing up with his head while in line with his opponents head(ala bradley), i'd understand, but he wasn't, he simple keeps his head low for defensive purposes and to set up shots over his opponents lowered hands(as they are trying to hit his lowered head)

this has been going on for generations, watch frazier, armstrong, provodnikov, alvarado(vs rios) etc

so you're *****ing about fuk all
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 08-03-2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            It's the Garcia school of boxing. Make it ugly...
            Fight dirty it's a street fight lol. I use to like Robert Garcia but these tactics make him a ***** in my book. It's professional boxing as in a sport not a damn bar room brawl.

Comment

Working...
            X