Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: If Kovalev Wants WBA Belt Back, He'll Have to Fight Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the saying goes, the truth is always in the DETAILS. Make that "in the fine print".

All this talk about fighter X refusing a fight with fighter Y because "he wanted more money" without DETAILS (HOW MUCH each fighter would make ) from a CREDIBLE source ( a long shot in boxing) is akin to heresay.

What we are left with is keyboard warriors on message boards spouting off their opinions / bias and trying to pass them off as FACT.

If nothing else they make interesting reading for their comedic value!!

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Bivol and Arthur are the reason Ward retired early after winning a cheap stoppage with a low-blow and cheating referee who just happened to be of a similar racial background to one of the fighters. That being said, Kovalev is at the end of the road here anyway - Ward waited Kovalev out as long as possible, and now he's 34 and doesn't have many fights left - he might as well cash out.
      Wow. Talk about a one-sided view of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I would like to know if he's getting more money to fight on somebody else's undercard? Safe bet that it's less than what he was offered for Kovalev!
        of course it'll be for less money and if he by any chance loses to valera or even if he doesn't look very much in control of the fight, he'll be out of the picture and kovalev will fight bivol
        the reasoning of the people behind the cuban fighters leaves a lot to be desired, to say it kindly

Comment

Kathy Duva is so senile. Yesterday evening 11/08/2017, "AllTalk" Jean Pascal made an interview with the canadian press about him and Stevenson. While complaining once and again, Jean Pascal specified:
          "Bivol was my training partner for my second duel with Kovalev. The one with the most complicated style for me was Kovalev. The best of the three? Beterbiev. On the other hand, the one who hits the hardest is Kovalev. "
          *Source, activate English Translator:
          http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...-chance-adonis

So as usual, Kathy Duva read the boxing articles at 6am while drinking coffee, and called Keith Idec this morning 11/09/2017, still falling for Jean Pascal tales. I wonder how she can still trust Jean Pascal words, he's a liar, a phony.
          On 12/17/2014, Pascal and Kathy Duva elaborated a scam to deceive the WBC so that they agree to keep the WBC Diamond belt valid under one strict condition, the winner must become mandatory for the unification against Stevenson for a 50/50 split purse, in case the negotiation goes to a purse bid. Kathy naively believed Pascal and thought Stevenson would've vacate his title or get stripped from it by refusing to fight Kovalev. At her age, she must have forgotten how bad she reacted when she realised Stevenson and Yvon Michel were more than happy to make that fight happen; she ducked 2 purse bids...

Anyhow, Kovalev will get clap by Bivol, and Duva is too incompetent to see it...

Last edited by TheThirdEye; 11-09-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
            Kathy Duva is so senile. Yesterday evening 11/08/2017, "AllTalk" Jean Pascal made an interview with the canadian press about him and Stevenson. While complaining once and again, Jean Pascal specified:
            "Bivol was my training partner for my second duel with Kovalev. The one with the most complicated style for me was Kovalev. The best of the three? Beterbiev. On the other hand, the one who hits the hardest is Kovalev. "
            *Source, activate English Translator:
            http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...-chance-adonis

So as usual, Kathy Duva read the boxing articles at 6am while drinking coffee, and called Keith Idec this morning 11/09/2017, still falling for Jean Pascal tales. I wonder how she can still trust Jean Pascal words, he's a liar, a phony.
            On 12/17/2014, Pascal and Kathy Duva elaborated a scam to deceive the WBC so that they agree to keep the WBC Diamond belt valid under one strict condition, the winner must become mandatory for the unification against Stevenson for a 50/50 split purse, in case the negotiation goes to a purse bid. Kathy naively believed Pascal and thought Stevenson would've vacate his title or get stripped from it by refusing to fight Kovalev. At her age, she must have forgotten how bad she reacted when she realised Stevenson and Yvon Michel were more than happy to make that fight happen; she ducked 2 purse bids...

Anyhow, Kovalev will get clap by Bivol, and Duva is too incompetent to see it...

He also said Froch hit harder than Kovalev so i have my doubt He sparred Beterbiev with Sparring geart. Campillo said Beterbiev hit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Barrera deserves the shot not Kovalev.
              Barrera had the shot and turned it down.... but I still hope see this fight

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                of course it'll be for less money and if he by any chance loses to valera or even if he doesn't look very much in control of the fight, he'll be out of the picture and kovalev will fight bivol
                the reasoning of the people behind the cuban fighters leaves a lot to be desired, to say it kindly
                In this case, the people behind the Cuban fighter is Main Events, the same people who made him the offer. It was bad enough Barerra pulled out of the fight vs. Beterbiev, but Beterbiev had a different Promoter. In this case, Barerra and Kovalev have the same promoter!

Comment

Not sure Bivol is ready to fight Kovalev right now, it's a huge jump up in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    Kov is an old 34 like Pavlik.

that alcohol abuse is no joke
                    yes, hence why he looks 44

I'm pretty sure Kovalev has been on a bottle of vodka and 2 packs a day since he was like 12

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Barrera deserves the shot not Kovalev.
                      Wait... wot? LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                      X