Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name one fight Amir Khan was getting outboxed(schooled) dominated.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

danny garcia timed him with almost every shot after looking at him for 5 minutes and seeing what he had.

prescott knocked him into next week almost instantly. khan was dominating that fight doe, i guess ?

canelo had him figured out and waited for him to tire, shades of louis - conn.

brits have this hysterical standard for khan that is not practical. it's like they dont' think he's allowed to get hit back, and it's not fair to evaluate him once he gets hit hard or tires, which he does in virtually every fight, and is, you know, important.

Comment

If Khan had margaritos chin he would be unbeatable in any era.

Comment

doesnt matter, khan sucks. deal with it.

just because he wasnt getting outboxed or dominated before he got tko/ko, doesnt mean jack. i play basketball real good for the first 10 min too.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
          If Khan had margaritos chin he would be unbeatable in any era.

Not he wouldn't.

His chin an issue because his defense sucks....as does his ACCURACY.

Dude throws 20 shots just to land one.

Comment

Not sure of the point of this question/thread? Is it.. Has any boxer outpointed Khan on the way to knocking him out?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              danny garcia timed him with almost every shot after looking at him for 5 minutes and seeing what he had.

prescott knocked him into next week almost instantly. khan was dominating that fight doe, i guess ?

canelo had him figured out and waited for him to tire, shades of louis - conn.

brits have this hysterical standard for khan that is not practical. it's like they dont' think he's allowed to get hit back, and it's not fair to evaluate him once he gets hit hard or tires, which he does in virtually every fight, and is, you know, important.
              Whilst I agree with your sentiment - lets not pretend Garcia was having a 'look at him', he was getting pelted with punches. He got hit with nearly 90 punches in 2 and 1/2 rounds for crying out loud. At one point he thought the ref punched him because 'Khan was that fast'.

Yes Danny Garcia has excellent timing, but he was going through a small crisis in there and Angel in the corner confirmed that. Of course he started to land some well timed counters but his boxing in those early stages looked ragged and desperate up to the left hook that put Khan down. But in my opinion that was as much about the stupid shot that Khan through as it was Garcia's counter.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                To answer your question, Amir Khan got schooled by Mario Kindelan, twice.
                Thank you, i'm glad someone said it.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                  no matter a fact I thought he got robbed with Peterson.and kinda think that played a part with his lose to Garcia.he was beating his azz but was getting so reckless trying to get big win.garcia had the smarts and balls to know only chance he had was tp punch with him and he caught him.then amir kept gambleing until he really got it
                  It is important to note that Khan had spent time preparing for a PEDerson rematch, only for that disgrace to fail a drugs test. Khan could easily have taken an easy opponent but he took a live, young champion. It was a great fight and it will be one of boxing's great failings if the rematch never happens.

Comment

Garcia and Canelo were on the way to dominating and schooling him. It just so happened that they knocked him out first so it never got to reach that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Whilst I agree with your sentiment - lets not pretend Garcia was having a 'look at him', he was getting pelted with punches. He got hit with nearly 90 punches in 2 and 1/2 rounds for crying out loud. At one point he thought the ref punched him because 'Khan was that fast'.

Yes Danny Garcia has excellent timing, but he was going through a small crisis in there and Angel in the corner confirmed that. Of course he started to land some well timed counters but his boxing in those early stages looked ragged and desperate up to the left hook that put Khan down. But in my opinion that was as much about the stupid shot that Khan through as it was Garcia's counter.

early stages? you mean the round and a half or so while khan was shooting his wad? even during that period he was getting timed. the cuts were most likely from head butts. the british narrative that khan was "dominating" garcia is a product of a lot of those guys being casual fans easily influenced by jim watt and his little buddy, and not being able to shape the narrative on their own by watching the fight closely.

watch the fight in as high definition as you can, and turn the sound off, and watch the exchanges closely.

ragged and desperate, lol. good grief.

Comment

Working...
                      X