Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Coach Jabs Lomachenko: Donaire a Tougher Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megono View Post
    donaire a tougher??? donaire KOed by walters, and walters KOed by loma..

just make the fight!
    The triangle theory? Really?!

Comment

Rigo vs. Loma is probably the best fight of the year, considering we've had a few great fights this year already and another one coming up in a couple weeks.

In Loma's last fight, he seemed pretty huge to me. I don't know if it was the camera angles that made him look big or what because he's still a 130 pound fighter. Rigo looks very small, which he should at 122 pounds. I wish they'd fight at 126, but Loma has the advantage of being the 'A Side' I guess.

Here is how I see the advantages and disadvantages for both fighters. Add what you like if I've missed anything or if you don't agree.

Height: Loma
      Weight: Loma
      Reach: Loma
      Ring Experience: Rigo
      Adversity: Rigo (Other than Loma's first fight, he hasn't faced any adversity and he lost that fight).
      Skills: Even (They fight different, but they are the best at what they do).
      Speed: Rigo
      Defense: Rigo
      Offense: Loma
      Power: Loma (Because he's bigger. Rigo has some pop, but I'm not sure how much at 130).

Let me know what y'all think or add to it. I'm not sure about training or coaching so that's something that could possibly be added. I Don't really care who you are a fan of or who you don't like because that's just going start a bunch of racist comments and I rather read some friendly, well-thought opinions. I'm torn, but would like for Rigo to win because he'll be out the game soon and this is his last opportunity to make some real money and to squeeze into the Hall. I don't want to see him dominate, but would like to see him win. Loma has a lot of years left to add to his legacy. Don't really want to see him lose either, but would root for Rigo over him. With that being said, I think Loma will win 8 rounds, but Rigo will show that he belongs in the same ring as Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        LMAO...sure OK. Loma is going to pick Rigo apart and overwhelm him with angles, speed and combinations. Rigo is a 1-2 puncher who admires his work after throwing. He'll get countered and frustrated...look for him to attempt to use the ref to help him out or get him out of the fight. After Loma heats up, he'll swamp Rigo with punches, wouldn't be surprised to see Rigo get DQ'd for illegal punches once he realizes he can't win.
        Originally posted by el*** View Post
        thats the other thing, rigo throws 10 punches a round. he will be overwhelmed by lomas activity, coming at him faster than he has ever faced, from all angles from a guy with power and reach. good night sweet prince with that chin of his and he dont have the activity to back loma off him.
        These predictions sound just like the Mayweather-Pacquiao predictions before their fight. All that activity slows way down when accurate hard counters start coming your way. Then we will see what happens when Loma gets frustrated.

I really hope Arum is not blowing smoke and this fight happens, I literally can't wait. If Loma walks thru Rigo, fair play, but I'll believe that when I see it. I think a lot of people don't really want to see this fight. Because based on the disadvantages of Rigo moving up two weight classes, and the current hype surrounding Loma (better than Ali, Floyd, etc.), it's going to be very embarrassing if Loma loses.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
          I'm going with rigo big time . Rigondeaux got better defense and power punch . I see rigo winning by a big shot to The body or schooling Loma . Rigondeaux is to good and knows what to do to beat Loma . Rigo wins it ....

Hit and not be hit ; can not hit what you don't see .
          you better not run and go into hiding once rigo gets that ass beat.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Arum was just blowing smoke up everyone's ass and he has Loma fight Salido instead. This Rigo talk just seems like smoke and mirrors to prop up Loma's name with media and hype up his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
              Gold medal is over hyped. Ask Felix Diaz. LOL
              And of course your comment is a little off because your missing a lot of the technicalities. You can win a gold medal if things are some what even and if you have the talent. But winning a gold medal does not make you superman.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
                Rigo vs. Loma is probably the best fight of the year, considering we've had a few great fights this year already and another one coming up in a couple weeks.

In Loma's last fight, he seemed pretty huge to me. I don't know if it was the camera angles that made him look big or what because he's still a 130 pound fighter. Rigo looks very small, which he should at 122 pounds. I wish they'd fight at 126, but Loma has the advantage of being the 'A Side' I guess.

Here is how I see the advantages and disadvantages for both fighters. Add what you like if I've missed anything or if you don't agree.

Height: Loma
                Weight: Loma
                Reach: Loma
                Ring Experience: Rigo
                Adversity: Rigo (Other than Loma's first fight, he hasn't faced any adversity and he lost that fight).
                Skills: Even (They fight different, but they are the best at what they do).
                Speed: Rigo
                Defense: Rigo
                Offense: Loma
                Power: Loma (Because he's bigger. Rigo has some pop, but I'm not sure how much at 130).

Let me know what y'all think or add to it. I'm not sure about training or coaching so that's something that could possibly be added. I Don't really care who you are a fan of or who you don't like because that's just going start a bunch of racist comments and I rather read some friendly, well-thought opinions. I'm torn, but would like for Rigo to win because he'll be out the game soon and this is his last opportunity to make some real money and to squeeze into the Hall. I don't want to see him dominate, but would like to see him win. Loma has a lot of years left to add to his legacy. Don't really want to see him lose either, but would root for Rigo over him. With that being said, I think Loma will win 8 rounds, but Rigo will show that he belongs in the same ring as Loma.
                Lomo is taller, but his reach is shorter. Boxrec lists Vasyl's reach as 65 1/2", and Rigo's as 68".

Power is an interesting consideration. I've always known Rigo punches damn hard, much harder than most people understand. It's not one punch power, but he busts people up. There's a reason dudes don't try to walk through this little man. Lomo punches hard enough for his size, but he has considerably less power than Rigo P4P. As you pointed out, we won't know what's what until Guillermo fights at 130.

I'm hoping Rigo does well if this fight ever materializes. I tend to think you're right. The fight goes the distance, with Lomo winning a clear decision. Guillermo turns 37 next month, while Lomo is still a few months away from turning 30. Add to that the natural size discrepancy, and it's hard to see Rigo taking this. I like both guys, but I'd like to see Guillermo pull the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Lomo is taller, but his reach is shorter. Boxrec lists Vasyl's reach as 65 1/2", and Rigo's as 68".

Power is an interesting consideration. I've always known Rigo punches damn hard, much harder than most people understand. It's not one punch power, but he busts people up. There's a reason dudes don't try to walk through this little man. Lomo punches hard enough for his size, but he has considerably less power than Rigo P4P. As you pointed out, we won't know what's what until Guillermo fights at 130.

I'm hoping Rigo does well if this fight ever materializes. I tend to think you're right. The fight goes the distance, with Lomo winning a clear decision. Guillermo turns 37 next month, while Lomo is still a few months away from turning 30. Add to that the natural size discrepancy, and it's hard to see Rigo taking this. I like both guys, but I'd like to see Guillermo pull the upset.
                  I stand corrected on the reach. And I agree that Rigo can hit. He broke dude jaw in a fight. I was just wondering if he can have that same type of power moving up in weight. I'm also wondering if he will maintain his quickness while moving up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
                    I stand corrected on the reach. And I agree that Rigo can hit. He broke dude jaw in a fight. I was just wondering if he can have that same type of power moving up in weight. I'm also wondering if he will maintain his quickness while moving up in weight.
                    That too. No telling with a fighter Rigo's age. He might get old overnight. It's difficult enough going head-to-head with a top boxer. Add disadvantages in age and size and it's a real tall order. I wouldn't bet on Rigo. I can only hope.

Comment

Good piece Elisinio Castillo.

I agree with Pedro Diaz...but loma is more active than nonito & two divisions bigger. This is a great fight, get it done BOB!

Comment

Working...
                      X