No announcement yet.

Pic for "Angry Cuban"...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
    Espinosa lives in Hialiah where u are now...look for him...he's real cool...you'll get a pic no problem...I hung out with him for over an hour...
    Dang... I'm heading down there sometime this week for a day, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. I'm never lucky enough to meet anyone of that caliber tho Sooo... Not planning on it haha.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Angry...u gonna go check him out?? He has some amazing stories to tell...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Damn man, yo querÃ*a ver al maja pero no puedo brode. El sábado mismo me voy pa Texas a llevarle la chamaca a las abuelas pa que la vean.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        RIP, Angel Espinosa, April 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          Whoa! What...? He was barely 50... What was the cause of death, Iceman?

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            I made a thread about if you wanna check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Whoa! What...? He was barely 50... What was the cause of death, Iceman?
              The causes hasn't been revealed yet.
              I made a thread about it if you want to check it out.
              His wife opened a go fund me to sen him to Cuba and he was battling with surgeries and illness.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                The causes hasn't been revealed yet.
                I made a thread about it if you want to check it out.
                His wife opened a go fund me to sen him to Cuba and he was battling with surgeries and illness.
                I must had missed it. Sorry dude. Kinda sucks BScene hasn't ran anything on this. -_-"

Or did they?

Comment

Go fund me.

https://www.gofundme.com/angel-espinosaboxing

R.I.P Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

He goes down in history as a legend, 1000 PCT.

Comment

From Wikipedia:

Ángel Espinosa Capó (October 2, 1966 – April 12, 2017) was a Cuban former amateur boxer best known to dominate the 1980s at junior middleweight and middleweight and capturing the 1986 World Amateur Boxing Championships. He never won an Olympic medal due to Cuba's boycott of the 1984 and 1988 Summer Olympics. A hard hitting Cuban with a southpaw stance one of the most feared in his era was known to have about 300 amateur fights.

In 1983 the hard-hitting southpaw won the junior world championships at junior welterweight by knocking out Meldrick Taylor in round 2.

He became 1986 world champion at junior middleweight. Espinosa then added the Panamerican title 1987 at middleweight. Cuba boycotted the 1988 Summer Olympics too, Henry Maske whom Espinosa had defeated three times won the gold medal.

At the 1989 world championships he defeated Sven Ottke but officially lost to local hero Andrei Kurniawka. At Espinosa's first Olympics in Barcelona 1992 he competed at light-heavy and lost to Wojciech Bartnik . Angel trained amateurs in a boxing gym in Hialeah, Fl named "Hialeah School of Boxing" before his passing.

Angel was found dead at the gym. Cause of death is still undetermined.

Comment

Working...
                      X